• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found these in a vibratory tumbler I got at an estate sale. I assume these are trash? Is it possible to run them through a tumbler? Cartridges are worth their weight in gold so I'd like to be sure.

Attachments

• 20210119_115420.jpg
      20210119_115420.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 117

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Besides cleaning, from the looks, the primers and/or powder may not even go bang. I'd hand clean a few and see if they fire before spending much time on them. If they don't go bang, they might be OK for components (brass and bullet) if someone wants to take the time. If you don't own a Super or know someone who does, I'd just offer them for free to someone that wants to mess with them. My opinion

PS Pretty nasty lookin' ammo.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    If I found them they'd go into the used oil container that I use just for things like that, as well as spilled powder, damaged primers, etc. JMO

Gunin4m

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Just a word of caution. The previous owner of that Dillon stuff may have been a competitive shooter and those rounds could be loaded to major power factor which would make them unsafe to shoot in some firearms without a fully supported chamber. Not worth the risk...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Corroded" may be a better term if it's brass case, lead/copper projectile and steel primer. Moisture may well have impacted the powder and primer. The 38Super projectiles are only .001 smaller than .38/.357, possible use there if you want to pull them run them through the tumbler and inspect. Brass cases often clean up very well when tumbled. If your reloading or starting, a bullet puller is a necessary tool. There's no value there now but could be with a little effort. Powder is trash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom