• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Here’s an excerpt from one “news” article:

A Russian fighter jet forced down a US Air Force drone over the Black Sea on Tuesday after damaging the propeller of the American MQ-9 Reaper drone, according to the US military.

The Reaper drone and two Russian Su-27 aircraft were flying over international waters over the Black Sea on Tuesday when one of the Russian jets intentionally flew in front of and dumped fuel on the unmanned drone several times, a statement from US European Command said.

The aircraft then hit the propeller of the drone, prompting US forces to bring the MQ-9 drone down in international waters. Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder added Tuesday that the Russian aircraft flew “in the vicinity” of the drone for 30 to 40 minutes before colliding just after 7 a.m. Central European Time.

“Our MQ-9 aircraft was conducting routine operations in international airspace when it was intercepted and hit by a Russian aircraft, resulting in a crash and complete loss of the MQ-9,” Air Force Gen. James B. Hecker, commander of US Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa, said in the statement. “In fact, this unsafe and unprofessional act by the Russians nearly caused both aircraft to crash.”

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Russia is so weak now is the time for surrounding country's to dog plie Russia. Unless the media is lying??
    What, like the european union? I'm sure they'll get back to us in a week, or two, with a strongly worded speech.

Personal opinion, western globalists are publicly down-playing Putin/Russia, but I also believe they know better when it comes to Putin. When I look at Putin's background, like it or not, he endured some of the toughest training imaginable, and more. You don't come out of that as a negotiator, unless you're setting up your opponent(s) for the kill. You come from where Putin did determined to win at all costs, because experience/training convinced you you can. While a person with similar background may be able to talk to him man-to-man, anyone less (biden), has no chance. Even if Putin is the last man standing, my guess is he's the type of person who has prepared for that most of his life, has accepted and lived it, and will not go alone or peacefully. I get he's 'one guy,' but I'm also sure he's surrounded himself with like people. JMO.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oops!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Yeah, I have to say, that was some damn good flying, or or a "@#$!" moment recorded for posterity. Never underestimate your enemy. Sometimes, he can @#$% it all up, and still get it right...

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if the Dam failure was a result of the Himars strikes last year(AUG2022). Damaging the structure which resulted in its failure after 9 months. As the Structure was hit multple other times and you can even see the section on the west bank the Russians dropped when they retreated, orange arrow.

Sat photo from June 4th 2023
    B970697C-F549-4C69-8921-EE8F5012D110_1_201_a.jpeg
    Notice the section of Bridge missing... red arrow.

That section of Bridge was hit multiple times. Red arrow above points to the section in the photo below.

47A18330-E906-4F81-BEFC-0C56F29E5757_4_5005_c.jpeg

5176BAE8-D700-4110-B44E-2EE3CE8B5B38_4_5005_c.jpeg

Just want to point out, the section the Russians dropped, is still intact.
    5DE09794-C3D2-4FFD-A61C-A5C53125FB7F_4_5005_c.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Must be nice to get free $hit. I'd like one of these. Why don't we just buy them from the Taliban and give them to the Ukraine?? Lower shipping cost.

Since Ukraine's counteroffensive kicked off last week, Kyiv has lost 16 Bradleys, of which five were destroyed and 11 were damaged and abandoned. This is according to open-source tracking group Oryx

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Lower shipping
    I've been waiting for some of our stuff we left behind to resurface on the Ukrainian stage. When we first went to Afghanistan after 9/11 we were finding whole warehouses full of World War II surplus. We even found a couple of super rare World War I French tanks that were like museum quality, better than what was already in museums, and were like two or three of like only five known surviving examples. Most Americans who didn't go over there just have no idea the stashes that were found. One minesweeper team found a fully disassembled howitzer, after they metal detected a huge disc shape buried under the ground and it was actually the base plate for the howitzer. At that point I'd be thinking God that it wasn't a huge buried box mine ;)

I've got back issues of 1986 Soldier of Fortune Magazine where the editors were running serial numbers on M16's found in South America's drug war that came back as having been lost in action in Vietnam

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've been waiting for some of our stuff we left behind to resurface on the Ukrainian stage. When we first went to Afghanistan after 9/11 we were finding whole warehouses full of World War II surplus. We even found a couple of super rare World War I French tanks that were like museum quality, better than what was already in museums, and were like two or three of like only five known surviving examples. Most Americans who didn't go over there just have no idea the stashes that were found. One minesweeper team found a fully disassembled howitzer, after they metal detected a huge disc shape buried under the ground and it was actually the base plate for the howitzer. At that point I'd be thinking God that it wasn't a huge buried box mine ;)

I've got back issues of 1986 Soldier of Fortune Magazine where the editors were running serial numbers on M16's found in South America's drug war that came back as having been lost in action in Vietnam
    Yep, nobody throws away tools of war.

Members online

Top Bottom