• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cawiggg5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do any of you know someone able to run electricity to a shed??

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I had a real good experience with White Sands Electric when they responded to replace my main power panel after losing one phase due to panel damage. Their contact info from the billing is:

WHITE SANDS ELECTRIC INC
    333 MASSACHUSETTS AVE PENSACOLA FL 32505 | 850-433-6080

Cawiggg5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a real good experience with White Sands Electric when they responded to replace my main power panel after losing one phase due to panel damage. Their contact info from the billing is:

WHITE SANDS ELECTRIC INC
    333 MASSACHUSETTS AVE PENSACOLA FL 32505 | 850-433-6080
    Thank you so much I'll give them a call

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If at all possible do the trenching yourself it will save you a lot of money. Home Depot in Pcola rents three different trenchers and they are not difficult to use.
    Yup, depending on the distance and type of ground, trenching is where you're gonna lose a lot of your money into labor...most places charge $100/hr+ for their labor and add in an extra $30/hr for a helper. In the one hour you pay for them you could rent a trencher and knock it out. I don't do any trenching, I run electrical on docks. I pay someone to trench and then add 20% to the customer if I ever encounter it.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If at all possible do the trenching yourself it will save you a lot of money. Home Depot in Pcola rents three different trenchers and they are not difficult to use.
    Just don't forget to call 811! :D

Cawiggg5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup, depending on the distance and type of ground, trenching is where you're gonna lose a lot of your money into labor...most places charge $100/hr+ for their labor and add in an extra $30/hr for a helper. In the one hour you pay for them you could rent a trencher and knock it out. I don't do any trenching, I run electrical on docks. I pay someone to trench and then add 20% to the customer if I ever encounter it.
    I went to home Depot yesterday and saw their trencher. I could knock the trench out I don't don't have the skill to wire.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I went to home Depot yesterday and saw their trencher. I could knock the trench out I don't don't have the skill to wire.
    I can come and consult for you no problem, I just can't trench or do anything physical due to a recent back surgery. Wiring is insanely easy once you know what you're looking at. I don't mind teaching you along the way as long as I'm compensated somewhat for my time. Everything I do is above and beyond code. I don't play around when it comes to weatherproofing and running lines. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it further. I've been in the business for over 15 years running electrical.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In my case it is a well, and less than 100 feet from my power box. In real numbers the best quote so far is 1500 dollars to run power and install the breaker in my panel. If I did the trenching the estimate dropped to 1000 dollars. This still seems high to me for hooking up three wires, dropping the cable, and installing the breaker (plenty of spaces in my new panel). Home depot wants a little over 200 dollars to rent the medium sized trencher for half a day. I am still calling around. Would like to have a transfer switch installed at the same time so I could run some things in the house off my generator when the power goes out.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As has already been said the hard part is burying the wire. The rest is actually pretty simple ,have someone knowledgeable about electricity draw you a simple diagram and follow it. If you are just running 120 volts to the shed you only have to deal with 3 different wires , white , black and a bare copper . The white and bare copper are neutral and the black is the hot wire .

Cawiggg5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can come and consult for you no problem, I just can't trench or do anything physical due to a recent back surgery. Wiring is insanely easy once you know what you're looking at. I don't mind teaching you along the way as long as I'm compensated somewhat for my time. Everything I do is above and beyond code. I don't play around when it comes to weatherproofing and running lines. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it further. I've been in the business for over 15 years running electrical.
    I sent you a message.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As has already been said the hard part is burying the wire. The rest is actually pretty simple ,have someone knowledgeable about electricity draw you a simple diagram and follow it. If you are just running 120 volts to the shed you only have to deal with 3 different wires , white , black and a bare copper . The white and bare copper are neutral and the black is the hot wire .
    Plan ahead on what you need, or may need for voltage/amperage. Too much is more better than not enough.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that was a requirement?

Top Bottom