• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess I never noticed the safety on my Marlin Rifle...

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    A (suppressor) buddy of mine built a Marlin 1895 45-70 last year. Midwest industries top rail and forend, range point precision loop, trigger, trigger spring, takedown screws, load gate, Boyd's custom stock, hoptic quiver, etc.
    Can't wait till we get together and he let's me try it....

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Y
    I hated the cross bolt safety, enough that I replaced mine with one from Beartooth Mercantile. Now it looks like a slotted screw head..
    I hated the cross bolt safety, enough that I replaced mine with one from Beartooth Mercantile. Now it looks like a slotted screw head..

you can also remove the safety and add a saddle ring if that’s your thing. Them old Marlins after a fluff and buff are smooth as butter, way better gun than any of “today’s Marlins”

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just looked at gunjoker and there are several of the new productions listed. Bid price from $1500.00 to $2975.00 and still bidding.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    is it too much power for deer? I would be a first time hunter so looking around, I just want to be prepared for whatever game without having to buy another rifle later
    There's no such thing as too big

Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's no such thing as too big

Yeah I heard about a guy south of Jay that hunts deer with a 458 win mag around here! I’ve killed one deer with my 1895 45-70 and there wasn’t anything left of the front left shoulder. The deer rolled twice when she hit the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Two additional methods to load and unload, gate and tube in addition to cycling the action. I like that Henry has decided to have both methods. No external safety. IMO advantage Henry. The All-Weather finish is matte hard chrome. I have no real world personal experience with hard chrome so no opinion. Henry says, "These finishes are permanently bonded to the underlying material and will never chip, peel, or flake." I believe Rugers' will be cast stainless steal they have used for years. It's a highly proven method for Ruger in handguns as well as semi auto and bolt guns. Advantage Ruger.

1641662465074.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Two additional methods to load and unload, gate and tube in addition to cycling the action. I like that Henry has decided to have both methods. No external safety. IMO advantage Henry. The All-Weather finish is matte hard chrome. I have no real world personal experience with hard chrome so no opinion. Henry says, "These finishes are permanently bonded to the underlying material and will never chip, peel, or flake." I believe Rugers' will be cast stainless steal they have used for years. It's a highly proven method for Ruger in handguns as well as semi auto and bolt guns. Advantage Ruger.

View attachment 145068
    I've had several chrome guns and they all chip and flake no matter if factory or custom. Stainless steel is the way to go

Latest posts

Top Bottom