• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is Florida Local Enough?
    My initial immediate response is N.N.B.H.N. However, looking at it with my sensible googles on… I mean it is the GULF COAST Gun Forum….. so again no… go stink up a different forum.. we just a bunch of dumb ass Rednecks from the woods immediately surrounding the Gulf of Mexico around here… or at least the adjacent county over…. Pretty much if you gotta ship an item and can’t look each other in the eye when you meet up to do a deal… then again no…

“May you ingest a swinging satchel of Richard’s”

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My initial immediate response is N.N.B.H.N. However, looking at it with my sensible googles on… I mean it is the GULF COAST Gun Forum….. so again no… go stink up a different forum.. we just a bunch of dumb ass Rednecks from the woods immediately surrounding the Gulf of Mexico around here… or at least the adjacent county over…. Pretty much if you gotta ship an item and can’t look each other in the eye when you meet up to do a deal… then again no…

“May you invest a swinging satchel of Richard’s”
    So I guess all the years I and Baby Boats (Thing 1) served at NAS Pensacola & Whiting Field are for not? NAC SAR & EWOP Training, not to mention the plack's hanging in the Aviation Museum's Cafeteria, or a photo or to of yours truly hanging on the walls, guess Y'all are either born there or are unacceptable? We may share the Redneck of a Florida Cracker, but you may have cornered the market on the rest of Y'all's statement? JMHO

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Your last post explains a ton about yourself… Guess what; nobody wants your advice, and no one is gonna deal with you. You M118LR, have proven yourself as a problem time and time again, you have gained zero friends through your poor choice of words, badgering ,and belittling other respectful, and reputable members of this fine forum. Your disrespectful words, and actions towards the other members of this forum are not warranted and We don’t need or like your kind around here. Now like I stated earlier go play with your Clay County Sailor friends and leave us non-assholites alone…

26122997-A9EC-48EF-9C91-0AC66A6DD0EC.jpeg

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your last post explains a ton about yourself… Guess what; nobody wants your advice, and no one is gonna deal with you. You M118LR, have proven yourself as a problem time and time again, you have gained zero friends through your poor choice of words, badgering ,and belittling other respectful, and reputable members of this fine forum. Your disrespectful words, and actions towards the other members of this forum are not warranted and We don’t need or like your kind around here. Now like I stated earlier go play with your Clay County Sailor friends and leave us non-assholites alone…

View attachment 206818
    Are you the self proclaimed voice of all the members of this forum? Or have you been elected via a vote of the ruling class secret society? For a man who has never broke bread, shared a libation, or shed blood with me, you display a verbose preconceived prejudice. I think you place to much merit upon your individual convictions. Inclusion is what makes America Great, segregation failed a long, long, long time ago. If nothing else you could use me as a perfect "Bad Example", although it may be difficult to refute the factual examples and you may have to begrudgingly admit that their are those that have become better marksman and leaders under my tutelage. But I'll not hold my breath awaiting acknowledgement from your better side. I'm not here to seek your praises, I'm here to offer an option that may not need be in lockstep with those that dare not push their marksmanship skills to the point of failure, only then can they improve to the point of their true potential. JMHO. Most have struck out before they managed to hit a Home Run? Or are you so talented that Home Runs were never a challenge, and singles, doubles, & triples are mere failures? For every Bullseye there are thousands of rounds expended outside the black. Next time you feel belittled by my mere words, please take the time to practice your craft and refute my point of contention with your own accomplishments. Not only will I make note of your self improvement, but you may inspire others to push themselves beyond the trivial marksmanship basics I pontificate and photographically display. It's not a problem to lose in competition event, it only becomes a problem if you fail to improve to the point that you become competitive. Somehow I don't believe that it's your place to judge me, but say what you must. After all, it's not what you put in your mouth that damns you, it's what comes out of your mouth that you shall be measured & weighed by. But that's above my pay grade. (Just food for thought.) JMHO. Balls in your court! Please continue to pontificate upon my shortcomings so that all may may see the handwriting on the wall. Porcupines shouldn't call pigs gnarly faced. JMHO.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So it's not my place to put a bottom line on a respected member like Rebelriders thread, but it's become insult & Injury time so order must Trump chaos. All semiauto.44 Mag owner/operators that have gas metering systems within original specs that can actually cycle .44 Special Loads PLEASE SPEAK UP! All those that can actually get their carbine to cycle reliably with .44 Special Factory. loads PLEASE REPLACE the overworn gas metering parts sucking the accuracy from your .44 carbine when loads within specifications are used. I don't care what value you place on my opinion, if your semiautomatic .44 carbine functions without fail using .44 Special Factory Loads, it's worn beyond useable Factory specifications for a .44 Mag Carbine. FACT, NOT OPINION.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you can find the wwb like they used to sell at Walmart was 240 gr jsp. My step-dads ran that perfect. I actually may have some of them put aside I'll look Tues. And also may have some reload data in one of my books or saved with source I'll send over if I can find it.
    @Rebel_Rider1969
    Can't find the box of wwb 240gr I thought I had. Still looking for the load data I'd saved aside. I maybe need to redo my organization system.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like dueling pistols at 20 paces....
    Mullet Hunter came looking for a debate, guess I'm his Huckleberry...... Tee Hee! The lever action variant of the carbine isn't dependent on gas metering to function, so it should work with whatever. Now about dueling pistols at 20 paces, naw He's going to need to take at least thirty paces more before we turn and fire. LOL.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What just happened?
    Mullet Hunter bit off a bit more than he could chew. Displaying exclusionary, disrespectful, and personally discriminating attacks in a bid to discredit another member of this forum, he took it upon himself to be judge, jury, and executioner along with the sole voice of every member of this forum. It's not prudent for a singular member to speak for the entire rank and file of the forum, there are exceptions to every rule. JMHO.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mullet Hunter came looking for a debate, guess I'm his Huckleberry...... Tee Hee! The lever action variant of the carbine isn't dependent on gas metering to function, so it should work with whatever. Now about dueling pistols at 20 paces, naw He's going to need to take at least thirty paces more before we turn and fire. LOL.
    Here's the thing this post has nothing to do with the lever action variant.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's the thing this post has nothing to do with the lever action variant.
    Isn't that up to the OP? Rebelrider? It's his thread and his red pen. JMHO. Now about folks turning this into insults & injuries, well that happens when folks get inferiority complexes. But it does make for drama, and I'm not against whipping up a batch of popcorn and watching the train wrecks. Hell I may even promote a few. God knows SAWMAN instigated a couple with his .308 Deerslayer post. LOL.

Captain Dave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I could never get mine to shoot well enough to justify keeping. Cool and fun little rifle, but I can't handle 4 inch 50 yards groups! So, like so many others, I spun if off. If only Ruger had taken a keen interest in barrel quality in those days. A buddy of mine has one he's trying to get inside 5 inches at 50 yards. I pray for him daily!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I could never get mine to shoot well enough to justify keeping. Cool and fun little rifle, but I can't handle 4 inch 50 yards groups! So, like so many others, I spun if off. If only Ruger had taken a keen interest in barrel quality in those days. A buddy of mine has one he's trying to get inside 5 inches at 50 yards. I pray for him daily!
    Handloads with the proper size bullet would do wonders. I have a revolving carbine that shoots like crap with .451 bullets, switch to .452 on target!

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trying to keep from drilling any holes in stock? How is rear of sling attached?
    The barrel “clamp” swivels are pretty common or the uncle Mike’s with either wood screw mount or machine screw into nut in barrel channel.

Here’s some ideas

Probably easiest front/rear setup

8E41272B-9C8B-4385-93BA-58C2E6F603C1.png

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Trying to keep from drilling any holes in stock? How is rear of sling attached?
    The barrel “clamp” swivels are pretty common or the uncle Mike’s with either wood screw mount or machine screw into nut in barrel channel.
    Rear sling loop is under the butt plate , lol. Need to clean it up.

Top Bottom