• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a complete parts kit left over from some builds me and a buddy did 10 years ago. He owned all the jigs but he moved across the country now. Does anyone have the knowledge and equipment to build locally? I would love to build this last one. Maybe meet some new people, drink a cold beer and talk guns!! I live in Milton but travel all over Mobile, Baldwin, Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa county.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not really. I called around trying to get a kit put together and had no luck. None of the smith's locally have the tooling, ability or desire (pick one of these).

I've sent my latest build off to Lewman Manufacturing down in south Florida. I've heard nothing but good things from him. Should be getting it back shortly. I've also heard CW Gunwerks (Miami) is good. Troy Sellars is excellent as well but get ready to wait 12-16 weeks before getting it back and he's in the TN area.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not really. I called around trying to get a kit put together and had no luck. None of the smith's locally have the tooling, ability or desire (pick one of these).

I've sent my latest build off to Lewman Manufacturing down in south Florida. I've heard nothing but good things from him. Should be getting it back shortly. I've also heard CW Gunwerks (Miami) is good. Troy Sellars is excellent as well but get ready to wait 12-16 weeks before getting it back and he's in the TN area.
    Let me know how your build comes back and if you like it. What parts kit did you have?

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    On this build I actually sent in a SAM5 and was able to get an original milled Bulgarian side folder assembly, an ambi safety from arsenal bulgaria, a proper FSB, a nos bulgy side rail, and a proper gas block... so I sent all that in to get the sporter converted and turn it into a sam5sf.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sweet, keep me updated please!!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    There is someone in Louisiana (pretty sure Baton Rouge) that has build parties at their shop. You bring in all the parts and a group of guys all build their guns and chat (beer could be involved). I never did it but it was on my to do list before I moved.

Top Bottom