• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bubbap1335

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotta shop that is willing to sell me a Rock River Arms AR15 for 1250. Good price? I know very vague but i was wondering if this is in the ballpark.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That isn't enough information to really know... It seems like here recently new AR15's have been going for $800 and up online for basic models.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's a link to Rock River's website: http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=217

Msrp on their entry level stuff is around $1050 so it doesn't sound like to bad of a deal to me in this environment. That's assuming they actually have it in stock and are not putting you an waiting list because I would be surprised to see that gun stay on the shelf for more than a few hours these days. If they are putting you on a waiting list then it's likely you can get one for less than msrp like before once the panic subsides.

I overpaid to build one just in case Obama defies logic once again and gets his way. I had always planned on buying one and took it for granted they would be readily available. I don't think it's likely they can pass a ban, but I would have told you in October their is no way Obama could be re-elected in such a piss poor economy, so I won't underestimate the bastard again.

If it is indeed in stock I look at it as you would be paying about a $300 dollar premium to insure you have one if a ban goes through. Only you know if it's worth it to you. It was to me.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Since it is doubtful a ban will ever see the light of day and parts are starting to show up again, you can build the gun actually the way you want it cheaper. Most people get stocks, handguards, grips, trigger assembly and add-ons that suit them then all the old parts you bought w a complete gun just sit there. But then if you like it, want it and don't care about paying a $2-300 premium to get it now, buy it. Nothing wrong w a RRA and depending on model and trigger it may be worth what they are asking.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom