• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    His improvisation interactions with Jonathan Winters were classics. Neither one of them knew which direction they were going until they got there. Classic comedy. Unfortunately, too many comedians have a real dark past they hide and try to beat with their comedy, but don't always make it. Richard Jeni, another fine comedian committed suicide in 2007 with a Colt revolver having suffered from severe depression from schizophrenia. I'm sure it's a heavy cross to bear. I'll miss them both. Take a look at this link of his: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUKw3hrWHpg. It may shed some light.

He was interviewed a few years ago and he admitted that comedy was his way to both hide his bad side and a shield against others hurting him. He said, if you can make them laugh, they can never hurt you. Or something to that effect. I'll see if I can find the interview. Like you said, most good comics come up with their material from real life and simply turn it into something funny for people to laugh at. I'll never forget watching his HBO special thinking that he was so high at that point, but it was a great show!!!!

Top Bottom