• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of new guns, not so many used guns. Quite a bit of ammo but not like Georgia Arms. Alabama Ammo had some powder, bullets, and primers at normal prices like $24.95 for the powder and $34.95/1000 primers. He had quite a few bulk bags of bullets like 500 Hornady .224 - 55 gr. SP as well as bags of pistol bullets at good prices. Several other ammo dealers with factory and surplus ammo. I saw several 1000 round cases of PMC .223 go out the door as I was walking in.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    John I went to the show 2 and wore my GCGF shirt and hoped someone would notice and say HI, but no such luck. Haven't or I should say don't really know what hand guns cost new any more so didn't know if they were jacked up or not. Bought some 17 cal boolets from Alabama Ammo at wallmart prices so was happy with that. Saw some CCI 22 shells that were priced at 28.00 for 50 and about had to have the little lady pick me up off the floor...Heard some people saying the croud was small today while we were there...We left at about 3:33 and saw one vender marking some handguns down 100.00..Must have had them marked up to high to start out with.Really didn't need anything but it was good to go and look .Had one guy tell me he had the ONLY 8 round mags in the country and he only wanted $50 for a brand I had never heard of before.Politely told him I would think about it. Sorry I missed you.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did not notice deadeyeluke but he could have been there. I was mostly on a mission and even though I looked at every table I was not paying that much attention.

#1 - I was after powder and found some, even 1lb of Varget.
    #2 - The same dealer has had a the same Ruger No. 1 in his rack for every show for the last year. I tried to talk him off of his asking price but he would not budge and was actually rude about it. It's a good price for a gun in good shape but the last 4" of the barrel has rust pits in the bluing. I'm not paying his price for a rusty gun.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    We were there Saturday morning a little after 10 and left around 11:30. I wore my GCGF shirt but didn't see anyone else with one on. I sold the gun that I couldn't sell on here so it was a good day. The place was really crowded when we were there. It was hard to get through the isles because of all the people. We thought it was a good show. Worth the drive.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I remember seeing holster wise was a table full of the cheap nylon junk like they sell at Walmart and one guy had some Galco holsters.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just thought of something,Didn't see Ian giving out those free bricks of 22's for wearing our GCGF shirts for the first time...Dang it.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just thought of something,Didn't see Ian giving out those free bricks of 22's for wearing our GCGF shirts for the first time...Dang it.

Wore my T. Ian, I'll slide by LLoyd's and pick up my brick later this week.

I got there around 11:00 AM. I did by some .45 HPs from Alabama Ammo. Spent some time talking to the guy at the first table in on the right that had those Glock to rifle setups that Flyand Scuba talks about. So neat. Maybe someday.

The guy was there that sells those IWB holsters with the cell phone pouch. Forgot the brand name. Not what I was looking for so I'll do more shopping. Wife bought me a "What Happens In the Man Cave Stays In The Man Cave" sign for my workshop. I though that was nice of her, especially after I parked with the largest, soggiest mud puddle on the property directly below the passenger door on my truck, resulting in my wife sinking her brand new Tennis Shoes up to the top of her socks.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wore my T. Ian, I'll slide by LLoyd's and pick up my brick later this week.

I got there around 11:00 AM. I did by some .45 HPs from Alabama Ammo. Spent some time talking to the guy at the first table in on the right that had those Glock to rifle setups that Flyand Scuba talks about. So neat. Maybe someday.

The guy was there that sells those IWB holsters with the cell phone pouch. Forgot the brand name. Not what I was looking for so I'll do more shopping. Wife bought me a "What Happens In the Man Cave Stays In The Man Cave" sign for my workshop. I though that was nice of her, especially after I parked with the largest, soggiest mud puddle on the property directly below the passenger door on my truck, resulting in my wife sinking her brand new Tennis Shoes up to the top of her socks.

I wore my t shirt today also but not to a gun show, does that count if I wore it on the same day as a gun show? I was looking at a black gun also :)

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was there for a bit, it's 2 blocks from me so I always make the R'dale shows. Seems to be the same stuff as usual, less some of the gouge pricing on P'mags. I did some trading on some stuff and came out pretty good

Top Bottom