Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Rifle Slings

Richard Lips

Reaction score
Got tired of not really being 100% happy with a lot of the slings I've bought for my rifles over the years. I've liked them, but there's always been a feature or two about each one that I didn't like. So I decided to make my own. I got online and started hunting down all my favorite hardware from each sling I liked, different webbing material and thickness. I love having a quick adjust sling, but I hate having a pull tab, or a piece of paracord, or 2 feet of excess sling hanging off my rifle. In my opinion you're just asking to get caught up and snagged on things.
If we've learned anything recently from the events in WI, a sling can be a great tool to keep the rifle tight and secure to your body, but it can always be a great way of keeping the bad guys from taking your rifle. Can you imagine what they would have done to that kid had they gotten that ar-15 away from him.
I'll be sure to post pictures and let you guys know how I like it. Should be done in the next day or so. Maybe I can turn this into a little side business. Might need to give out some free samples to some of you to get some feedback, both good and bad. Stay tuned! :D

Jerry

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
If its as good as you think it will be. Im your first order. Ill take it!

Capt

Reaction score
I'll be glad to test one,i''m looking but not sure what works for ar rifle with right side side charger.

Richard Lips

Reaction score
I'll be glad to test one,i''m looking but not sure what works for ar rifle with right side side charger.
You'll probably want a sling that mounts on the left side of the rifle. I'm assuming you're a right handed shooter since you have the RH side charging handle?

Capt

Reaction score
You'll probably want a sling that mounts on the left side of the rifle. I'm assuming you're a right handed shooter since you have the RH side charging handle?
Yes, shoot RH , would definitely want the side charging handle facing away from my back when shouldered.

Attachments

Richard Lips

Reaction score
They look effective.. Any Sling Swivels
No sir, no sling swivels. These are just the slings. I've been using the 1" inch sling swivels from blue for gear on these. They're kind of on the pricey side. But we'll worth the $$$

Richard Lips

Reaction score
That is better than I could make
It's pretty simple if you can learn how to sew. Gotta make sure you're using the right needle and thread. Double stitching is important as well.

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom