• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    So I just obtained this fine FR-8 from another lovely member of our forum. Just realized, it's sized to accept NATO grenades, and I have a couple dummies laying around. Has anyone ever fired a rifle grenade? I know you use blanks. I also understand the grenades are supposed to slip down the barrel more than mine, and over a retainer clip. This one's a few inches short but on as far as it can go. Will this be a problem?

Attachments

• 20230417_225336.jpg
      20230417_225336.jpg
      349.6 KB · Views: 56
    • 20230417_225343.jpg
      20230417_225343.jpg
      324.4 KB · Views: 57

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Wow yeah that is very cool. Gonna watch and learn on this one. Good luck!

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I use To shoot dummy’s on my sks they never went all the way down like I thought they should but was told as long as they go beyond the flutes I was good note to the wise tie some survey ribbon on yours lol I lost back to back dummy’s before someone told me to do it it helps in recovery I thought my second one being bright yellow would help yep help me lose it good luck and have a ball I sure did

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I use To shoot dummy’s on my sks they never went all the way down like I thought they should but was told as long as they go beyond the flutes I was good note to the wise tie some survey ribbon on yours lol I lost back to back dummy’s before someone told me to do it it helps in recovery I thought my second one being bright yellow would help yep help me lose it good luck and have a ball I sure did
    Yeah, painted it pink and yellow so it'd be easier to find lol

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yeah, painted it pink and yellow so it'd be easier to find lol
    Don't point it straight up. You'll lose it in the glare of the sun and then it'll get enough velocity on the way down to completely bury itself on impact if the ground is soft... and then mangle the aluminum if the ground is hard. Yep, been there, done that. Good times. I've owned half a dozen FR8's and Yugo SKS's. Mentally prepare yourself that you'll possibly crack your stock

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sorta...I registered my Czech RV-85 https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/01/22/cz-brno-rv-85-flare-rifle/ as a Destructive Device (26.5mm) and shoot 3D printed 26.5mm "bullets" that my son in law prints for me. The shells I reload use the high/low pressure system like the 40mm grenade launcher does. High pressure in the inserted 9mm case that ruptures an aluminum disk that then goes into the larger chamber under the projectile at a lower pressure. By registering it as a DD, I can shoot whatever projectiles out of it instead of just flares and smokes.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom