• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got my new Thumblers Tumbler Hi-Speed Model B in this week. Have been having a blast using it. If you don't know about these they use water and stainless steel pins, along with a little Dawn and Lemi-Shine, to clean your brass. The primer pockets come perfectly clean along with the inside of the case. This makes inspection of the cases super easy and quick. The brass comes out looking like new and there is no dust to put up with. While the investment cost of the tumbler and stainless steel pins is around $250 the pins never wear out and each load takes only 3-4 hours instead of 6-8. I highly reccommend it.

Idoono

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have had one on backorder for about two month's. It will be busy when it gets here. Lot of brass piling up waiting to be cleaned.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, I've been loading about everything except 130gr. Decided on 120sst for the ARP barreled upper. This barrel loves the heavier bullets. Shoots 110 accubonds, 115 Nosler HPBT and 120 sst , 1/2 moa. The Bison loves the 110 accubonds. They both shoot everything very good, so hard decide on any one bullet. Waiting on some AA2200 or H322 powder. Getting low. Have plenty of Reloader 10 which is very good for most bullets. Keeps me shooting while waiting on other powder. Really love this caliber. Handloading really lets you know how accurate these barrels can be.

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea Frank I'm loading up to what most are loading on 6.8 forum. Still playing around with COL and seems factory length 2.26 seems to be most accurate. Most on the 6.8 forum like to load long 2.295. I achieve better accuracy at shorter lengths. I don't have a chrony yet. Trying to get son set up for summer between college semesters. Will order one shortly to see if there is a benefit to loading longer. Just received 200 more 120 sst bullets to play with. I do know I wont be buying any factory ammo.

blazein

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would you share that load data with me as well. I have a different weapon set up but would love to see a few different ideas that I could work up to

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would be happy to share data. You can go to the 6.8 forum and there is more data than you can imagine. These guy's are really into this caliber. There is data for all length barrels and several different powders. They have working on the different combinations a lot longer than I have.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom