Removed From Sale, Rare Colt Commander .45 caliber L.W.Seecamp double-action conversion. Pensacola

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • suppo

Expert
    For sale only, rare 1911 Colt Commander .45 caliber L.W.Seecamp double-action conversion. Pistol is from about 1976 and in excellent condition and a sweet shooter. Somewhat less than 2000 were made. Comes with one Colt std mag. $1700.00 cash only. I will only sell to resident FL CCW holders. You will need to sign a bill of sale. Face To Face only, no shipping. Contact via PM.

Ludwig (Louis) Wilhelm Seecamp (1901-1989), after whom the company was named, was trained as a master gunsmith in the technical academy system of pre World War II Germany. Having survived the Eastern Front in an elite Gebirgsjaeger (Mountain Troops) unit, he brought his family to the United States in 1959 by way of Canada. From 1959 until his retirement in 1971, he was the gun designer for O.F. Mossberg.

L.W. Seecamp Co. was founded in 1973 as a family business specializing in Ludwig's patented (#3722358) double action conversion of the venerable 1911 semi-auto pistol (Colt .45). This conversion, done during a period when the single-action versus double-action controversy was at its peak, resulted in the first commercially available DA .45 autoloaders anywhere in the world. Less than 2000 such DA conversions were done from the early 70s to the early 80s. Ludwig had become a firm believer in the value of DA after a Walther P-38 saved his life in WWII. That incident, which left him with a cheek-long scar and some missing teeth from a bullet wound, also convinced him point shooting rather than sight use is the reality in close range combat. Having been a fan of the 1911 but being also an advocate of DA carry, commercial conversions were a natural outgrowth of the Colt 45 that Ludwig had converted to DA for his own personal protection.

Attachments

• Seecamp1.jpeg
      Seecamp1.jpeg
      185.7 KB · Views: 173
    • Seecamp2.jpeg
      Seecamp2.jpeg
      165.2 KB · Views: 173
    • Seecamp3.jpeg
      Seecamp3.jpeg
      191.4 KB · Views: 165
    • Seecamp4.jpeg
      Seecamp4.jpeg
      116.1 KB · Views: 160
    • Seecamp5.jpeg
      Seecamp5.jpeg
      148.5 KB · Views: 149
    • Seecamp6.jpeg
      Seecamp6.jpeg
      201.5 KB · Views: 140
    Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    sweet .....glws

BluesBrother

Master
    Colt made what they badged as the Double Eagle I think in the 1980's. The trigger bar was outside the gun on the right side much like the Beretta's. I saw one at a gun show in bright stainless. I think they took standard 1911 magazine but not sure of that.

misterfredi952

Marksman
    I wish I had the funds to add this to my colt collection! Only read about these. First time I’ve seen even a pick of one! Glws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom