• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman

FUPAGUNT

Master
    I for one am really happy to see that. I grew up and spent the first 25 years of my life about 5 mins away from the Ilion plant, still have numerous childhood friends employed there.. That area is dying and needs work BAAAAD, every little bit helps.

I know some of you will say they are "sellouts" but what it boils down to is someone was gonna do it, and money talks. Just glad to see that money going to the area where I grew up

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    On a side note I sure do miss the discounts I got while up there, wish Id taken advantage of it more.

I will continue to buy Remington products

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    $16,000 per rifle. Talk about waste. It should shoot by it's self and keep our GI'S safe. I'll bet some members on this site could build them for alot less money.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    They should be boycotted and done away with due to their traitorous act! Never buy another one till they move.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Blah blah blah blah.. They are building these rifles for our military, not the popo in the commie states. I believe there is a difference there or am I m,issing the point?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Staying in NY an anti gun state and over charging for the weapon...damn yankees!

Ken232

Marksman
    Um Im sorry but 16 grand per rifle???? Our taxpayers Dollars at work?????? thats one helluva juicy ass contract when the budget is so sucky and with all the Military cutbacks...Sniff sniff I smell fishy....I guess if you throw enough money at someone principles go out the door...Remington could have said Ok we will take it and start makin rifles here and complete them at the new plant when we MOVE. JMHO

SAWMAN

Master
    Don't know exactly what "system" will be eventually handed to the military...BUT.........IMO.....JUST the firearm itself could be $3500. JUST the scope could be $3000(bases and rings another $300). JUST the scopes targeting system(smallish computer driven ballistics "solve the problem" thingy) could be another $1000. Probably a bipod for the front and mono-pod for the rear for another $3-500.

The package probably includes a maintenance program,training package,and a initial supply of some $3-$4 per shot speciality ammo. AND...it WILL be hollow point. At one point in my military career I was part of this same procedure in ref to diving(scuba tank filling) compressors. Certainly a huge,beaucratic,process,that will leave the ordinary person scratching their heads.

Then,of course ,you have to add another 20% for the graft,corruption,and kick back thing. This to everybody from the mayor of the town,to the Remington exec's...AND... to the fed's.

The actual shooters/users have nothing at all to do with this process. Let's not blame them in the least. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Haha these damn yankees make the world go round :evil:

yeah as leech's on society, a great Anti American group, that is why the smart ones move South...LOL it is called Freedom and Patriots....sorry if you are from there but don't see you moving back to support their gun confiscation desires by the Gov...LOL The commiefication of the Northern States!

joe

Master
    If you do quit buying guns from every manufacture that has plants/offices in states that pass gun control bills you will not be left with many to choose from I am afraid. LOL

Ruger, Whichester, Colt, Stag, Mossberg, Marlin. All in Conn. Remington in New York.

Then Fn/Browning owns Winchester. There are probably even more I am not aware off.

I would love it if they all moved but I am very skeptical. Then those that sell to local police, Glock, Sig. ETC..

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    ....sorry if you are from there but don't see you moving back to support their gun confiscation desires by the Gov...LOL The commification of the Northern States!

LOL, I see that alot in my vocation....alot of folks come down here from up North, to work, because they 'negotiated' themselves right out of work up there, yet want to espouse how great it is up there. I always respond that way,"Well, if it's so great, what are you doing down here? Why not go back?"

Another perspective: The high price of weapons systems includes the R&D and teasting andf then the weapons system platform itself and then years of service updates, parts, and all collateral costs, etc. They take the overall price of the contract and divide it by the number of units, but that doesn't mean that each unit actually cost that much to make.

They say the natl debt is like $60K per American, but that doesn't mean that's what we'll actually have to pay.

outside9

Master
    On a side note I sure do miss the discounts I got while up there, wish Id taken advantage of it more.

I will continue to buy Remington products

I agree, if they moved a factory like that due to how stupid the state is acting would hurt a lot of families,

Snow Bird

Master
    SAWMAN I don,t think anyone ever blames the shooter for the price of the wepon he uses. Hell you don't blame the Jet Jockey for the 50 Million dollar fighter he climbs into. But you do have it pegged for all the waste with it. There will most likely be a study on the effect of the recoil on the person shooting the system in 20 years. That alone will add 2000 dollars to each weapon.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Stag is leaving, part of Colt is and the rest will follow, principle and American freedoms over loyalty to an area you like. The voters and employees, citizens, gun control advocates, freedom loving people will decide which America they want, the FREE or the Commie! Texas has already offered incentives, so has Scott here in FL, I am assuming many other FREE State will too. I really see it as a good thing for the Companies and employees in the end. The anti guns states citizens are the ones to blame if anyone, they voted the bums in, they obviously care less about their neighbors who work at these companies..Time to stand on principles or fold to dictators!

Scrooge

Marksman
    "I really see it as a good thing for the Companies and employees in the end. The anti guns states citizens are the ones to blame if anyone, they voted the bums in, they obviously care less about their neighbors who work at these companies..Time to stand on principles or fold to dictators!"

Well said Frank. Stand and fight!

TURTLE

Marksman
    $16,000 per rifle. Talk about waste. It should shoot by it's self and keep our GI'S safe. I'll bet some members on this site could build them for alot less money.

They are selling those rifles equipt with that self aiming scope system for $1700 so they could be those with a bulk $1000 per unit discount.

Top Bottom