• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Stage20, check box 4h on the form 1. ATF makes it a pain, I think to stop people from making these items. That is just a reason for all of us to make SBR's and SBS's.
    Dang. That's ugly. I don't care if they have my name or social, but to ruin a receiver. One area I have had my blinders up I guess.
    What if you move?

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dang. That's ugly. I don't care if they have my name or social, but to ruin a receiver. One area I have had my blinders up I guess.
    What if you move?
    I did my SBR in a NAF Trust. So I had to put the name of my trust and city and state, so mine is: XXXXXXXXXXXXX TRUST, next line: PENSACOLA FL It is engraved at least .003 inches deep and 1/16 inches high. Not that big of a deal. ATF just wants to make it difficult so people will get discouraged and not make FORM 1 weapons. All the more reason to make them.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My personal thanks to all the above members that have provided me first hand info on this.
    I have learned from you .... and that is a good thing.
    Question - -> can you chop the bbls BEFORE THE PAPERWORK as long as you DO NOT attach to receiver ???
    Gray area ?? BLACK AREA ?? ---- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My personal thanks to all the above members that have provided me first hand info on this.
    I have learned from you .... and that is a good thing.
    Question - -> can you chop the bbls BEFORE THE PAPERWORK as long as you DO NOT attach to receiver ???
    Gray area ?? BLACK AREA ?? ---- SAWMAN
    Grey area for sure.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    If the feds came in and found the barrel and receiver you're done.
    If you just had a cut shotgun barrel and a bunch of AR15s or pistols you may be ok. More than I'd risk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they are at your house with a warrant, you’re done , and your dog is toast. Even if you can beat the charges , your finances will be in the shitter and your dog will still be dead.

brodband

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    What if you move?
    Most of the time people are just using cheap lowers so it isn't really ruining much. Also, there are other places you can engrave if you want. I've opted to engrave my barrels on guns that are going to stay in that configuration. The problem with engraving the barrel on certain guns is if you swap short uppers around they would all need to be engraved which can get pricy. With my 870 SBS, I engraved the barrel. If I ever wanted to return it back to an 18 inch shotgun and sell it, the receiver wouldn't have any additional markings.

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Most of the time people are just using cheap lowers so it isn't really ruining much. Also, there are other places you can engrave if you want, not just the receiver. The problem with engraving the barrel is that if you swap uppers around they would all need to be engraved. This works fine on some guns. For example, My 870 SBS has the barrel engraved so if I ever wanted to return it back to an 18 inch shotgun and sell it, the receiver wouldn't have any additional markings.
    Thats a good idea on engraving just the shotgun barrel

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    With the form 1 engraving part. What happens if you move out of the city or state?
    You engrave the city and state where weapon is "made", not your resident. Made location and your location can be same place, or not, as I understand ATF's web page.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I engraved an MP5 and a Daniel Defense receiver... a gun is a tool. It's going to get scratches with use. The only thing more gay than an engraved receiver is a pistol brace. Lol

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I engraved an MP5 and a Daniel Defense receiver... a gun is a tool. It's going to get scratches with use. The only thing more gay than an engraved receiver is a pistol brace. Lol

I can have a brace shipped in 2 days and save 200 bucks. Stocks do look cool on short barrels. And in the case of the shotgun not much choice. Can you even cut one and run a brace and be legal without a stamp

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I can have a brace shipped in 2 days and save 200 bucks. Stocks do look cool on short barrels. And in the case of the shotgun not much choice. Can you even cut one and run a brace and be legal?
    Shockwave, tac14.
    Besides something with a factory aerial number designated as such. Say I want to cut down a 26" and put a brace on it. Seems like it's legal on an ar15. Not sure how they would classify the shotty.

Top Bottom