• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ..unless you have a forming die and press to straighten it.

True that! I wound up wasting a bunch of time making a forming die out of billet aluminium. Worked great but the time would have bought probably 15-20 mag replacements from remington.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the PCPC4 (white) and PCPC5 (green) shown here: http://www.portercable.com/Products/AccessoriesCategoryOverview.aspx?catpath=4273.4607.5095.5098

I have used it as a stropping compound when sharpening knives and also on a dremel polishing wheel when polishing feed ramps, trigger parts, die neck expanding rods, etc so I believe that it will work just fine. If anything, it might not be coarse enough.

Thanks to everyone for their help! I really appreciate all the replies!

Those would probably work great.....just dont be afraid to start with the emory cloth....the polishing compound wil not fix the rough spots on the bolt....it just takes out the microscopic scratches - leaving a smooth-slippery surface. I always soak my parts in gun lube afterwards to let it fill up the pores in the metal.
    *** while you are polising....dont forget to treat the upper edges of the feed lips with the emory cloth and rouge as well.***

Last edited:
    Top Bottom