• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have a small issue with my Rem 700 308 (SS BDL) after firing. I can lift the bolt handle just fine but had to use a wood block to knock the bolt to the rear to extract the spent case. Factory Winchester ammo and reloads ... all seem to have the same issue. Saw that there were numerous issues with the Rem 700's in the past and wanted to ask here is anyone else experienced this and what they did to fix the issue. Right now my most likely course of action is to polish the chamber area with 500/1500/Never Dull ... in that order ... to maybe fix the issue. Only other course of action is to take the entire thing to a Smith. Any suggestions?

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It could be a number of things. A go gauge would tell you a lot. But it could be that you are over pressure. I would not start polishing without a gauge and a bore scope.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    understood, I don't have a guage but will ask someone i know who probably does. I keep all my brass and inspected it for pressure signs but nothing out of the ordinary. I may just take the whole thing to a gunsmith at this point.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have everything to work on the rem 700, want attempt to spend 2 hrs of texting or Pm ing when I can check it out in 30 mins in hand , But will tell you to watch out using that wood on the bolt handle. have open a lot that way and probably do some more but be ready for the bolt to come off, and have to have it weld back on. If you want me to look t it just call 850-572-6611 jj

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Absolutely, thank you very much ... sending a text in a few. At work right now on Hurlburt.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    All,
    Oneshot helping me fix my sticky bolt problem, and it works just like it should! Thank you again for your help but more importantly your time and knowledge. I do look forward to seeing you again soon.

If anyone has issues with a Remington 700 … ask Oneshot first, could save you a lot of time and money.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That will cost you . 2 9mms rds. In short the chamber was too tight and had a rough place in the shoulder area. It took about 1-2 thousand to clean it up and than polish the chamber . This determined by visual with a light and head space gauges , then checked again with gauge. Didn't have to use U-tube ether The bolt now opens very smooth like it should. Brass ejects smooth like it should. Enjoyed 72sofsme visit I think he was surprised he could fire it as soon as the work was done. Just my 100 cents jj

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oneshot I correct, it was a great visit and very surprised as to the function of the bolt after. Best decision ever!

Top Bottom