• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    anybody know anything about the rem 700 i think adl with a scope from walmart? i heard they discontinued it and replacedit with another model. they have them on sale for 400 bucks.

RIPpff

Banned
    good base gun, better off in the long run spending just a bit more for a used sps varmit or tactical, the scope they come with is a throw-away bushnell, not worth any extra, good for hunting purposes, but not for precision work

guy on here has a sps varmit 26" in 308 for $475, very fair considering tax on buying a new adl

jakec

Master
    ok thanks man. i was aking for a buddy of mine but he was bvuying the adl when i called him. hes just getting it to hunt hogs and deer on escambia river.

RIPpff

Banned
    oh for hogs its def good 2 go, even with the stock 3-9 scope, may have to do a little sighting in but for the price its pretty much hog ready

j74snook

Expert
    good base gun, better off in the long run spending just a bit more for a used sps varmit or tactical, the scope they come with is a throw-away bushnell, not worth any extra, good for hunting purposes, but not for precision work]

Sorry you had a bad experience with one it seems. I have the same gun bought from wallyworld and this thing is a tac driver At 100 yrds with 1/2 3shot groups. Not to mention It has the walker trigger that gets such a bad rap because of improper handling but is one of the sweetest crisp pulls ive ever shot. This post is NOT to start a pissin contest but my honest opinion.

olecarver

Master
    Picked up a 700 adl 06 with years back, They were very solid an accurate. The newer modle 710. Ive only had a look at is what Wally World is selling isnt it. Those an Savage?? Which Savage has gotten my attention with the groups Ive seen the guys keep with them. Jakec, ask your friend if the rifle has lands for riflings or the microgrove? Thanks olecarver

jakec

Master
    we went and shot it yesterday. i was impressed with it. it was sighted in out the box and feels real good. felt kinda light at first but didnt kick like it was light. i think itll perfect for hunting around here. carver whats the difference between lands and microgroves? i dont know a whole lot about guns i just like shooting them and collecting them.

olecarver

Master
    I do remember a nice 710 Rem a fella showed, It had riflings that looked like the treads on your 4 wheel drive,,, GOOD to GRIP. The bullet does the same in the barrel. If you look down a Marlin new modle, and it looks like the rifelings are only thin scratched groves,, An barely give the bullet twist rate that some shooters want for longer distance shots,,, Micro grove isnt deep enough to push gas checked lead cast thru them if needed in a outta ammo situation, an have to make your own. The older deep grove lands for riflings, will shoot lead at slower fps, an still keep accuracy... This is what I believe to be the answere.. There are some with better knowledge than this,,, Mabe they will chime iin an help my babblin on the subject.. olecarver

jakec

Master
    that makes sense. you know i know more about 4x4s than guns. thanks man.

Top Bottom