• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsw1001

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone load ammo for a fee? I’ll buy everything and pay to have it loaded. I have about 100 empty casings that have been fired one time from my gun. That’s what I would like done so they are all the same. The gun has a BOSS so I can tune it to the ammo.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have to have a license to "make" ammo for sale. You might find someone willing to break the law though. But offer some brass, bullets, primers etc... to someone in exchange for going over to their place and have them show you how to reload on their equipment and bam, you have yourself loaded ammo.

I have shown a few people how to reload on my equipment before.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone load ammo for a fee? I’ll buy everything and pay to have it loaded. I have about 100 empty casings that have been fired one time from my gun. That’s what I would like done so they are all the same. The gun has a BOSS so I can tune it to the ammo.
    IF the cases are from a bolt gun with front locking lug than a lee loader set up with out press will neck size enough to reload those cases for that particular rifle. Go on youtube and look it up.
    1610981894115.png

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    kidsoncoffee said:

17 messages since 2017...is this an ATF honeypot?

Differently not a "post whore"
    I think some of you could lighten up a bit. A typical ATF informant or agent would be posting frequently if entrapment was their aim and reloading 100 rounds of 30-06 for a bolt gun is the not the biggest case in the world.
    I was on one forum when a member of the Chicago PD antigun squad was posing as a sympathetic progun poster. Other cops let the owner of forum know exactly what he was and he got booted off and money advanced for training returned to him.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was not copmmenting on the ATF thing, I was noting ; 2020 - 2017 =3 x 365 = 1095 days. 17 posts devided by 1095 = 0.0155 posts per day . Tells me he doesn't have a shit load of useless BS he feel he must share.Like those people that like to hear themself talk

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still have my Lee Loader from 50 years ago. If you want to tweak your powder charges, you'll also need a scale. If you repeatedly load the cases, you eventually need a set of calipers, and a case trimmer. There are a bunch of powders you could use, and the Loader should have a card telling you which ones are suitable for the included powder measure. Looking up on my shelf, the powders I use most for a 30-06 are IMR 4350, IMR 4895, and Hodgdon H4895.

Dsw1001

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still have my Lee Loader from 50 years ago. If you want to tweak your powder charges, you'll also need a scale. If you repeatedly load the cases, you eventually need a set of calipers, and a case trimmer. There are a bunch of powders you could use, and the Loader should have a card telling you which ones are suitable for the included powder measure. Looking up on my shelf, the powders I use most for a 30-06 are IMR 4350, IMR 4895, and Hodgdon H4895.
    Thanks. I am considering getting some equipment and starting out slow and easy until I am comfortable with it.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks. I am considering getting some equipment and starting out slow and easy until I am comfortable with it.

I reloaded a ton of 45-70 with a Lee Loader and a rubber mallet for many years before I got into reloading more! It was a great way to learn the basics.

Norm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you’re seriously considering reloading, I’d recommend getting a Lyman reloading handbook first. The edition doesn’t really matter. Probably can pick one up on eBay for a song and dance. The Lyman handbook explains the hows and whys of reloading in a very easy to understand format for the beginner, and provides very good illustrations. I’ve still got the one I bought in the late 70’s and the info and pics are outstanding. I might add that the Lee loader mentioned above got many many reloaders started through the years and it works.
    Oh and, meaning absolutely no offense to anyone out there who reloads, be careful with reloads that you didn’t load yourself unless you absolutely trust the competence of the reloader. Reloads, if not reloaded properly, can blown your gun up, get a bullet stuck in your barrel or even get you killed.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If anyone in this thread has some 4350 to sell or barter please PM me. Been hunting some for a month with no luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom