DK Firearms

Reliable Honda needed. Anyone got one to sell?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My youngest son needs a good reliable car as his was totaled in the flood. In the $3k range. Let me know what you have.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd say. FLOOD2.jpg FLOOD3.jpg FLOOD5.jpg

My house where the ranger is. 32" inside. No Flood insurance.

Sorry, had moved the Ranger by then. Water was up to the windows and it started.

Attachments

• FLOOD2.jpg
      FLOOD2.jpg
      12.6 KB · Views: 132
    • FLOOD3.jpg
      FLOOD3.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 135
    • FLOOD5.jpg
      FLOOD5.jpg
      28 KB · Views: 131

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That is just awful. I have only been there 1 time and that was to buy my truck several years ago. His house was the last street by the water but they were on a pretty tall bluff. That looks like rainfall water and not a clear plan for it to drain properly to the water and out of the neighborhood...I can see lawsuits for damages in the future..

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Act of god. Lawsuits ain't gona fly. Good luck with finding the car. You should be able to find one in that price range.. Theres old Safty Second that might be able to help...Just don't tell him how much you wast to spend or he will get every dime LOL.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Act of god. Lawsuits ain't gona fly. Good luck with finding the car. You should be able to find one in that price range.. Theres old Safty Second that might be able to help...Just don't tell him how much you wast to spend or he will get every dime LOL.

My complaints about the drainage started way before this happened and they did nothing. The City of GB put a gas main right in front touching the only drain leading to the bay making only 4" of the top of the pipe open. So it will only drain when the water gets to near flood level. This time, exactly what I told them would happen happened and the road collapsed causing NO drainage! Completley their fault! Yes we had a lot of rain but if the system was open it would never had gone up as high as it did. There is a big difference between 4" and 18" when it comes to water flow. And I have already retained a Lawyer 2 months ago so this just sures up my case.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Turtle, you clearly have a case against them, hope you win as they are responsible for your losses.
    If Levin took the case I'm sure they thought they could win. I don't think they take them otherwise. Specially with no retaining cost!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Turtle, Good luck with it, I hope you get something out of it but expect a long hard fight. These things seem to drag out forever. Like I said in a post somewhere that I have lived on the Mississippi River most of my life and flood water gets alot of people around every 20 years. Some people don't get flood insurance becaust the water has never gotten to there house. I think the last big flood was called a 500 year event and it caught alot of people. You aren't the first person to get caught without insurance.

I have seen flooding time and time again and it is heart breaking to watch weather you have insurance or not. Like I said good luck with your case and I hope you get sonething out of it,but what did they say. I thought a 1000 year event.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Turtle, Good luck with it, I hope you get something out of it but expect a long hard fight. These things seem to drag out forever. Like I said in a post somewhere that I have lived on the Mississippi River most of my life and flood water gets alot of people around every 20 years. Some people don't get flood insurance becaust the water has never gotten to there house. I think the last big flood was called a 500 year event and it caught alot of people. You aren't the first person to get caught without insurance.

I have seen flooding time and time again and it is heart breaking to watch weather you have insurance or not. Like I said good luck with your case and I hope you get sonething out of it,but what did they say. I thought a 1000 year event.

The legal part of this is not to get money so much but to get the right people to do the right thing. Not just for the ultra rich in GB Proper but for us Rednecks out in Midway! We are always last on the list for everything from fixing roads to drainage pipes. They had giant pumps in Proper as the storm was still happening, we still don't have any! I bought my own but it can't empty the neighborhood by it's self.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great Now on to the Honda. Just check it out to make sure it wasn't under water to. There are alot of places on the net to tell you what to look for.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom