• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    pained me to scope my lever actions

Nope. I put Skinner peep rails on mine and use Tally QD rings. Use the smaller Leupolds (32 or 20 objective). Keeps things looking balanced.
    Return to zero on scope has been good for me.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you are where I was a few years back. Mine is worse now--much worse.

Legally blind uncorrected and they can't get me back to 20/20, plus some astigmatism which of course is worst in my shootin eye. My fiber on my Benelli is about useless now. Trijicon I have mounted on it gives me 2-3 dot images (plus halo) due to astigmatism. Missed 3 of last 4 turkeys I shot at and I know this is part of the reason. Trying a Burris FF 4, and it seems to be a bit better, but not perfect. Primary Arms has come out with a line of products with adjustable diopter which is probably my next move. I can "get by" with rifle irons, if I have a rear peep. I really need (and use) a scope on all rifles now. Totally sucks.

Sorry to hear that. I'm just entering a phase of blurry vision when reading, and noticed a year ago I had some trouble acquiring my front sights on my Beretta and Walther P99. Worked with a lot of spray chemicals in the younger days, I'm 100% sure some of that got in my eyes on multiple occasions. Already had to ditch all the red dots, but for some reason, EOTech and Holosun are fine as long as I view them properly.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LLMusic said

Sorry to hear that. I'm just entering a phase of blurry vision when reading, and noticed a year ago I had some trouble acquiring my front sights on my Beretta and Walther P99. Worked with a lot of spray chemicals in the younger days, I'm 100% sure some of that got in my eyes on multiple occasions. Already had to ditch all the red dots, but for some reason, EOTech and Holosun are fine as long as I view them properly.

WRM Reply

Well could be you got an effect from chemicals now compounded by age. I've had a need for correction most all my life. Sadly, it's just gotten much worse as I age. And I have visual obstructions in my eyes too. So, that doesn't help. All in all, makes for pretty rough open sight use, unless you're talking 10 feet or less, which is mostly point and shoot.

EOs don't seem to work well for me. I've looked at some Holosun models that were better and some not so much.

Also shoot a clarifier peep on my compounds. It helps, but not as much as I'd like. For an "average" bad eye it probably is great.

Right now, the FF4 seems to be my best option. I really like it on a pistol because I can shoot both eyes open. Even though I'm right handed, my left is my dominant eye and also has slightly better vision and fewer obstructions. Turns out a lot of people have "reverse" hand-eye dominance, but I don't think most realize it.

I'd say I'm pretty much the poster child for visual challenges in the shooting sports.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. Have a 1-3 on one .45-70 and a 2-7 on the other.

Scored a Leupold 1.5-4 x 20 illum dot. Think I'll put it on the .35 rem and switch the 2.5 fixeds to the 480 lever and my old Rem 141 in .35. Wish the 2.5s had an illum dot too, but glad Leupold still makes those little 1 inch tube fixed powers.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom