• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Looking for a red dot, something close in size and shape as the aimpoint comp m4.

Any ideas on who else makes something similar?

Building a rough m16a4 clone, not wanting to spend what a comp m4 costs

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for a red dot, something close in size and shape as the aimpoint comp m4.

Any ideas on who else makes something similar?

Building a rough m16a4 clone, not wanting to spend what a comp m4 costs

I like(d) the Trijicon MRO. Bit smaller form factor, I think, but similar. Price is a lot less.

I say liked because my astigmatism in right eye has gotten so bad I see three dots now. I'd be happy to let you look at mine. If you're interested in it, maybe we can work a deal. Shoot me a pm if you'd like to see it.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    For as close to an authentic USGI clone, it’s hard to beat the Aimpoint Pro. Especially if you find an earlier model with the rubber straps, it’s a nearly identical to the military m68. And it’s top of the line Aimpoint quality. Used, in excellent condition, it’s not uncommon to see them for $350-$375. The Aimpoint ACO can be even cheaper, but without NV settings. If you really want a Aimpoint m4, they are usually $500-$600 used. There are a few near clones that are cheaper and decent quality. Primary Arms makes a near clone of the M4, for around $100. Sig Sauer also makes the Romeo 7, which looks similar to the Aimpoint m4, and is priced under $200.

RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    For as close to an authentic USGI clone, it’s hard to beat the Aimpoint Pro. Especially if you find an earlier model with the rubber straps, it’s a nearly identical to the military m68. And it’s top of the line Aimpoint quality. Used, in excellent condition, it’s not uncommon to see them for $350-$375. The Aimpoint ACO can be even cheaper, but without NV settings. If you really want a Aimpoint m4, they are usually $500-$600 used. There are a few near clones that are cheaper and decent quality. Primary Arms makes a near clone of the M4, for around $100. Sig Sauer also makes the Romeo 7, which looks similar to the Aimpoint m4, and is priced under $200.
    Thanks. Been leaning toward the PRO.

Top Bottom