• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Leupold just made all slide-cutout optics archaic...
    The Delta-Point Micro just ended all that slide chopping BS.
    I had a fiber optic fall out of a Dawson front sight one time and it created a very small peep sight to alone thru the rear sight...I compare this to that situation. I replaced the FO front sight and carried on...Leupold is trying to be innovative and going the complete opposite direction it needs to.
    And slide chopping is not BS...

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Lots of choices.
    I have so far not read of any failures with the holosum RDS for pistols. I know of two operating failures for the RMR that included my first one.

Guy I work with had his Holosun start killing batteries within one day. Optic is on its way back to holosun. Customer service sent a label immediately.
    I have three RMRs. No issues.

Dot on carry gun? Yes, IF you get through the rather steep learning curve.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Still wondering about the advantages of a above bbl sight vs a visable GREEN laser. Other than several of the obvious why so many more red dot guys vs laser guys.
    Not trying to start a tongue fight here. Just trying to gain some knowledge.
    My expierance on a pistol has been green laser,both as a guide rod and under bbl on pic rail. ---- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Still wondering about the advantages of a above bbl sight vs a visable GREEN laser. Other than several of the obvious why so many more red dot guys vs laser guys.
    Not trying to start a tongue fight here. Just trying to gain some knowledge.
    My expierance on a pistol has been green laser,both as a guide rod and under bbl on pic rail. ---- SAWMAN
    Because lasers are the solution for a problem that doesn't exist (or shouldn't with proper fundamentals)
    Point shooting from the hip, yeah I could see a laser helping I guess. Gotta be a reason that no one with any training credibility runs a laser.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Black Sheep

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread but I'll give it a shot. First off I own two RMR's one on a M&P Core and one on a gen 5 G-19. My eye's are 60 now and I can absolutely shoot better, faster and further with my Trijicon's. I used the G-19 as a EDC (when I say EDC I mean every single day all day long) and the problem I had was the lens getting covered with dust, deodorant, lint skin cells... for that reason I quit carrying it and went back to my gen 3 G-19, and just recently bought a new non MOS gen 5 G-48 with 10 Shield Arms 15 round mags for a new EDC carry. Went to Element range and was really disappointed in my accuracy with the G-48. I'll practice some more with the 48 but will most likely get a MOS version of the 48 and install a Trijicon on it.

FINNALLY TO MY QUESTION! For the people that do carry a red dot daily, do you have the same dirty lens problem, if so how do you combat it? I was just cleaning it every couple days, any better options?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My quick check prior to holstering is looking thru the window for debris/smears and also the the dot is on, visible and in the general location it should be when I last saw it. If it needs cleaning, a "hot breath blow" and/or a Qtip for the corners. If it requires more, I'll unload the pistol and use a scope rag, maybe some light cleaner and load back up.

Black Sheep

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the reply, seems like that's what I need to plan on doing every day as I'm pretty particular on being able to hit where I think I'm aiming.

Black Sheep

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not exactly sure what you mean by tape over the front completely however; I'm not sure how adding something with adhesive to the mix will help keep it clean.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Not exactly sure what you mean by tape over the front completely however; I'm not sure how adding something with adhesive to the mix will help keep it clean.
    Second what kauf said. He's referring to a training element that helps you not to "overthink" shooting with a dot. Draw mechanics and sight alignment are a real thing.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    My wife's Ruger LCR has a green laser in the grip. I use red dots on my range toys. Other than that I'm old fashioned. Iron sights only on my "business" guns. That green laser is pretty cool though.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My wife's Ruger LCR has a green laser in the grip. I use red dots on my range toys. Other than that I'm old fashioned. Iron sights only on my "business" guns. That green laser is pretty cool though.
    Laser and irons is all I use on a carry gun too. I can hit a man sized target with either and 15+33rds so that is the reason I carry

Latest posts

Top Bottom