APOD Firearms

Recommended muzzle devices for carbine length 9mm PCCs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Working on a 16" 9mm build and I'm trying to figure out what to put on the muzzle. Suppressors won't be happening for me, so its down to a flash hider, brake, or compensator of some sort. When it comes to rifle length 9mm PCCs, what do you guys go with? Do comps/brakes do anything on a longer barreled 9mm? I don't see a flash hider doing much either since there's plenty of time for the powder burn. Interested to hear you all's thoughts and opinions.

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Since you aren't producing a lot of gas to fully operate a brake, you don't need one on a 16" barrel. Yeah, they look cool but not effective for a 9mm at that barrel length. If your ammo is running 1400fps+, then one might help.
    I shoot a Brekke 10.5" barrel and 6" comp, 115g ammo at 1300fps+. My 16" barrel, seldom used, has the thread protector on it.
    In short, 9mm is not a .223/5.56! Save your $$ for ammo.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Since you aren't producing a lot of gas to fully operate a brake, you don't need one on a 16" barrel. Yeah, they look cool but not effective for a 9mm at that barrel length. If your ammo is running 1400fps+, then one might help.
    I shoot a Brekke 10.5" barrel and 6" comp, 115g ammo at 1300fps+. My 16" barrel, seldom used, has the thread protector on it.
    In short, 9mm is not a .223/5.56! Save your $$ for ammo.

Agree... other than looks, a cheap A2 or thread protector.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Agree... other than looks, a cheap A2 or thread protector.
    A cheap a2 that a 9mm can pass through.

I have a brake on my sub2k. It ce that way. Can't say there is a difference.
    I put a vg6 on one of my AK, and it really tames it down. I also have their 9mm version. Haven't installed it on anything yet.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I had a Midwest blast can on my 9mm PC carbine. I didn't care for it. It made it too long and felt unbalanced. I replaced it with a simple A-2 flash hider. The balance is much better and shorter! Good luck!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I had a Midwest blast can on my 9mm PC carbine. I didn't care for it. It made it too long and felt unbalanced. I replaced it with a simple A-2 flash hider. The balance is much better and shorter! Good luck!
    Kaw valley makes some pretty short linear comps currently. I'd say less than an inch longer than a flash hider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom