• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ok, so I'd like to get work done on my 6.5 Carcano. Rechambering to 7.62x39. Any good recommended Smith around? I know of Ubers for one. Any others in this vicinity of Pensacola, Milton, Atmore?

Last edited:

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't think Uber's does gunsmithing. They're a locksmith who sells firearms. Last time I was in there for some reloading supplies, and chatting with them, I don't think I'd let any of them work on my firearms.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ok. I messaged Rumble but I'm sure they're closed. I'll give em a call Monday. Does anyone recall the Old Frontier Gunsmith shop on Hwy 29 Pcola?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How much do you think this project would cost,, It could easy run in to over 500., barrel cost ,,chambering ,,may be some stock work,,, if you want sights, put on ,,refinishing , and this does not take in if the one doing the work has the rammers and head space gauges, or would have to buy them are rent them. I am such I forgot some thing. Just my 50 cents jj

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    How much do you think this project would cost,, It could easy run in to over 500., barrel cost ,,chambering ,,may be some stock work,,, if you want sights, put on ,,refinishing , and this does not take in if the one doing the work has the rammers and head space gauges, or would have to buy them are rent them. I am such I forgot some thing. Just my 50 cents jj
    I will be getting a new custom stock for it. For sights I'd just go with a scope... not sure if a forward drill and tap or some type of side mount. Thanks for the info. That gives me an idea.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know Rick Rankin has done at least 1 Carcano rebarrel / rechamber . Was years ago though . He's in poor health , works just a bit now . IMHO he's one of the best machinist for precision chambering in this area . Rumble builds precision rifles so I'm sure they could do it , rather or not they'd want to I can't say . Depending on barrel blank quality just a bare countored blank not threaded or chambered figure $ 200 up . Top of the line from Lilja , Krieger , Hart about 4-500 .

Top Bottom