• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For clays a heavier gas operated gun is your go to gun.
    ‘There are a lot of good brands to choose from.
    in my experience the gas guns will consistently cycle lighter loads That are becoming increasingly popular for clay shooting versus the inertia guns.

‘I have nothing against inertia guns and would carry one in the field 10 to 1 over my competition guns.

Picking up empties is a breeze using a telescoping magnet on a stick from Harbor Freight.
    For me, Way better than pounding your cheek and shoulder with hundreds of rounds from a fixed action gun.

Proper stock fit is very important but that is another topic.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I wouldn’t hit a hog in the a$$ with a Stoger As far as reliability with various ammo. Look at Retay, or the Franchi mentioned both make good guns Under 1k.
    I had a m3000 that was a out 75% reliable with base line ammo when it was new. Did not like to fire from the hip. Needed all the inertia from your shoulder to cycle.
    The more rounds I put through it the better it got. Lots of recoil though. Would beat up your shoulder after 50 ish rounds. You knew you shot it come the next day.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    IMHO a shotgun is just like a girlfriend, you can let someone else pick her out for you and may do just fine.
    OR... you can enjoy the search and get to touch feel and even a few passionate hugs until you find the one that just makes you smile every time you put a shoulder to her. The one that so effortlessly puts the barrel on target just by reflex and vision, like pointing your finger. And as in everything else in life, size really matters, make sure you measure your your size, the correct LOP is a great asset.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ditto on the Beretta A300. Heavy enough to handle a day of shooting a hundred plus rounds. As epointer said, a little finicky about ammo the first few times but settled in nicely to shoot most anything I put throught it. All that said, I still love the experience and the feel of an O/U for a day of sporting clays.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Beretta Silver mallard, went bang every time. Light too. 100% gas action. Not a blowback. If any gun you try cycles shells by pulling the bolt it's not a gas gun. There is a difference.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My fav is the old 1100. Soft shooting great swing/pointing just a beautiful thing all blued and polished wood shots anything and everything

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a kid my first time shooting skeet I took the only shotgun I had. A single barrel 12 gauge stevens. I couldn’t move my shoulder the next day.

For clays I’d go heavy gas gun. Beretta. Pick your model.

For ducks I prefer an inertia. Easier to clean if necessary. Browning A5 wicked wings.

Top Bottom