• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So far the only application that I have found for an RDS is on my 12 gauge Turkey shotgun. Tried it on short Barreled carbines but found that it didn't perform as well as an illuminated reticle on 2-10 scope. Acquisition speed stayed the same and accuracy suffered as range to target increased. Now there are folks talking up RDS on their pistols, but I don't find anything earth shaking enough to add the extra weight. Am I missing some special secrecy? Or are there others like me that don't find much use for an RDS?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    When on smaller pistols the fix the issue of short sight radius. Shorter pistols are less accurate due to the fact minor shifts will equal large misses downrange. RDS sights fix this. But.. myself on a conceal carry I just prefer tritiums as if something is far enough to actually warrant the added accuracy, chances are its a shot I shouldn't take anyways. Plus I do construction and the glass on them gets dirty to the point of being useless in just an hour sometimes.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps I have missed the extra accuracy of a RDS on my 3 inch Barreled Hellcat since I usually practice with it at 15 yards and closer. If I had to perform a shot from 25-50 yards with it I would be looking for something that would allow me a rested shot. That would likely be a situation that I wished I could have a standard length service pistol for, and hopefully I'll have an escape route prior to needing to make a shot at those distances with the short Barreled Hellcat? YMMV.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. Chances are if it's that far away it's hard to prove self defense, unless they're actively shooting at you. If not it's best to just leave the scenario. Myself I use em just for rifles and range toys

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tried it on short Barreled carbines but found that it didn't perform as well as an illuminated reticle on 2-10 scope. Acquisition speed stayed the same and accuracy suffered as range to target increased.
    What 2-10 scope are you using?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For a good LPVO, look at the Primary Arms SLX 1-10. It has the lighted middle Chevron and horseshoe. It is daytime bright for sure and is a true 1x. Eye relief is is a bit fidgety at 10x.

Love mine.

Doc

Top Bottom