• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot reels

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently was tasked with finding the value of what appears to be a frommer 1910 serial #4028. Not finding much info. Anybody have any clue?
    I would put it in a 5-6 out of 10 rating
    Thanks
    Sky

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you know someone with a subscription to Blue Book of Gun Values online, they have it listed.

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Per Don's suggestion, I will show you what BBGV lists for this gun. BTW, Frommer is listed under the Femaru company.

Capture1.JPG
    Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      19.5 KB · Views: 316
    • Capture1.JPG
      Capture1.JPG
      7.8 KB · Views: 291
    Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was hoping you would chime in John. I knew you had it, but knew you were busy this weekend. :rockon:

hot reels

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since I know little to nothing about rare guns what kind of condition would yall consider this to be in?
    frommer 1.jpg
    frommer 2.jpg
    frommer 3.jpg

Attachments

• frommer 1.jpg
      frommer 1.jpg
      174.2 KB · Views: 291
    • frommer 2.jpg
      frommer 2.jpg
      245.3 KB · Views: 247
    • frommer 3.jpg
      frommer 3.jpg
      188.1 KB · Views: 275

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm no expert but from what I can see there is a lot of blueing gone. Maybe 70%? Is that grip panel marred?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Duke McCaa (owner of the Pistol Parlor) once told me (when I was quoting blue book values) "That's just somebody writing a book. They aren't out here trading guns everyday".
    Look out on GunBroker, Armslist, AuctionArms, etc. and find some similar that have sold. Then you will have your value, what somebody is actually willing to pay.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Duke McCaa (owner of the Pistol Parlor) once told me (when I was quoting blue book values) "That's just somebody writing a book. They aren't out here trading guns everyday".
    Look out on GunBroker, Armslist, AuctionArms, etc. and find some similar that have sold. Then you will have your value, what somebody is actually willing to pay.

Obviously something is only worth whatever you can get out of it, but a blue book price on something is a starting point. Gunbroker, auctionarms, gun trader etc. are rife with people without a clue that think everything they own is a rare commodity. I continually see a gun listed as rare on gunbroker while at the same time there are 6 other identical ones listed on gunbroker. A good example of blue book and market price not matching is the S&W 696 (no dash), blue book is around $500, but the market generally brings $800-1100.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you CAN'T look at asking prices, you MUST go to the sold page AND SEE WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SELL FOR, NOT WHAT SOME PUTZ IS FISHING FOR!

hot reels

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that seems to be the problem I am running into, there are so few that I cant find any recent sales to see pics of.
    The owner of this gun wants me to sell it for him, and I want to do a good job of it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    you CAN'T look at asking prices, you MUST go to the sold page AND SEE WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SELL FOR, NOT WHAT SOME PUTZ IS FISHING FOR!

Exactly. Go to the completed auctions. The completed auctions that actually sold.
    I've seen the same gun on there for 2 years in some cases. Some idiot just keeps relisting it for a starting bid of twice what it's worth.
    I haven't looked at a blue book in some time but used to be that Colt Woodsmans and ARs were both greatly undervalued in the book. There are many guns that have spiked recently and the book hasn't kept up.
    If I was selling I wouldn't go by the book. Now if you are the buyer and can convince the seller that the book is the gospel, more power to you.

Top Bottom