• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robert4570

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also in case anybody wants to know. The .308 kicks like a horse. My M&P 10 kicks way harder than my M1A does. The stock on my M&P 10 is to short, (this is a CA Pinned stock + shark fin grip model). My M1A stock is also to short. I supposed i should get some Stock extenders.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Look into training at Altus.
    Fantastic facility and solid instructors.
    They’re also accepting new members currently. I waited for 2 years until I was able to join.

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "Not to move the rifle from downrange to the back of the range"

I've been to a range where the range officer had to clear the rifle insert a flag in any rifle chamber before the rifle left the shooting bench. Maybe it was something like that.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I love chamber flags. I think it’s from the early Baker 2Gun matches. I always carry extras for people, and as silly as it may sound, I put one in before I walk downrange. Even if I’m the only one in the entire facility. We also used them during my short stint as a Mil basic weapons qual instructor. Habit, I guess…

robert4570

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love chamber flags. I think it’s from the early Baker 2Gun matches. I always carry extras for people, and as silly as it may sound, I put one in before I walk downrange. Even if I’m the only one in the entire facility. We also used them during my short stint as a Mil basic weapons qual instructor. Habit, I guess…
    That's good idea. That way there is no possibility of a round being in the chamber itself. I will look into those. i will look into altus as well as long as its just basic+ gun training. I have no desire to be mr operator if you get my drift.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    That's good idea. That way there is no possibility of a round being in the chamber itself. I will look into those. i will look into altus as well as long as its just basic+ gun training. I have no desire to be mr operator if you get my drift.
    The Altus Basic Carbine and Basic Pistol courses are awesome .Great instructors.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This is why I don't shoot at public ranges anymore. People are the variable, and the more people the greater the chances of getting yourself shot to death accidentally. Professionals are predictable, and no offense, it's amateurs that are more likely to get hurt and hurt somebody else. But everybody has got to start somewhere, I know. When I absolutely need a known distance range, I go in the middle of the day and in the middle of the week when nobody else is around. This also helps when getting my groove on. Sight alignment and bone support etc etc etc don't mean diddly squat when it sounds like WW3 is erupting on both sides of you and you're just wanting to concentrate. This is also the best time to develop a relationship with your RSO. He may even spend some one on one time with you and spot for you. Good times.

Top Bottom