• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I'll say it again, I'm not the best shot in the world. If it can be done wrong...I'll do it wrong. I flinch, anticipate recoil, everything, lol.
    See the pictures. It was a perfect mid-morning at the range this morning, October 27th. It was a great day to be out there. I was the only one on the rifle range the whole time I was there. Recoil while wearing a thin t-shirt has been solved by me using a Limbsaver recoil pad that I had leftover from my trap shooting days that I had on a O/U shotgun that has since been sold. I didn't adjust the scope, as it was sighted in for brass cased ammo, I just aimed for the bullseye. Had I adjusted the scope you can see that the center would have really be shot up. My conclusion is that with a shooter who doesn't have bad habits like I do, and a better rifle rest than I do there would not be much difference at all between good brass cased ammo and the steel cased Russian ammo. I plan to really practice shooting this thing and try to get better with trigger control and breathing control. I have written notes on the target to make it clearer what I was doing. It was a great morning at the range. Loving this rifle. It can definitely out shoot me. The Russian ammo does seem to shoot more to the left compared to the brass cased ammo from the last test. I will probably adjust the scope next time because I'm not going to shoot that good brass cased ammo much at all. I just want to know where it is hitting.

Attachments

• D4BB9F5F-C9D9-4386-B04B-A58EE50666AF_1_201_a.jpeg
      D4BB9F5F-C9D9-4386-B04B-A58EE50666AF_1_201_a.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 117
    • E606A751-6551-4E57-B59D-A639A4D7C9FA.jpeg
      E606A751-6551-4E57-B59D-A639A4D7C9FA.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 128
    Last edited:

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad it is working out for you. I do love mine. As I said previously I can't wait till gun season. There are a couple on Gunbroker but they are going for $700 plus. My brother has been watching them for weeks trying to get one for a decent price. I paid $599 for mine and right now that would be "decent" but it seems the word has gotten out about how accurate they are and the prices show it.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'll say it again, I'm not the best shot in the world. If it can be done wrong...I'll do it wrong. I flinch, anticipate recoil, everything, lol.
    See the pictures. It was a perfect mid-morning at the range this morning, October 27th. It was a great day to be out there. I was the only one on the rifle range the whole time I was there. Recoil while wearing a thin t-shirt has been solved by me using a Limbsaver recoil pad that I had leftover from my trap shooting days that I had on a O/U shotgun that has since been sold. I didn't adjust the scope, as it was sighted in for brass cased ammo, I just aimed for the bullseye. Had I adjusted the scope you can see that the center would have really be shot up. My conclusion is that with a shooter who doesn't have bad habits like I do, and a better rifle rest than I do there would not be much difference at all between good brass cased ammo and the steel cased Russian ammo. I plan to really practice shooting this thing and try to get better with trigger control and breathing control. I have written notes on the target to make it clearer what I was doing. It was a great morning at the range. Loving this rifle. It can definitely out shoot me. The Russian ammo does seem to shoot more to the left compared to the brass cased ammo from the last test. I will probably adjust the scope next time because I'm not going to shoot that good brass cased ammo much at all. I just want to know where it is hitting.
    Fanner50, What range do you shoot at? I need to find a good out doors range.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Fanner50, What range do you shoot at? I need to find a good out doors range.
    I'm a member of the: pensacolarifleandpistolclub.com. There is about a three/four year waiting list to get in. But as I tell people three years flies by and if you never apply you'll never get in.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Congratulations. Looking forward to a range report soon. What scope do you plan to use on it?

Top Bottom