• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    It was hot at the range. The new Leupold Freedom 3x9 by 40mm scope did great. I started out on the plinking range where I sighted the rifle in at 35 yards. The center bullseye was just one big hole. I moved over to the rifle range where I sighted it in at 50 yards. The orange hole was the first shot fired on the 50 yard line after moving over from the 35 yard line. I guessed on how far down to lower the elevation on the scope and nailed it. Shots 2,3,&4 are all in the bullseye. I pulled shot #5 anticipating the recoil and decided to stop shooting for the day. It was hot and the thin coolmax t-shirt that I had on was brutal with the recoil. Knowing that I will be shooting a lot next time I will wear something with more padding. I am convinced that this is a MOA rifle, and with someone who is a better shot than me it can be a sub MOA rifle. Next time I will shoot the Russian stuff to compare how it does. It was just too hot and the recoil too brutal with that thin t-shirt on to do that today. The gun is a little rough around the edges, it's not as smooth and slick as a high priced rifle would be, but in the right hands with a good rifle rest and ammo it will shoot sub moa groups.

Attachments

• FCD544AB-2553-442F-8524-5402E53CA547.jpeg
      FCD544AB-2553-442F-8524-5402E53CA547.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 47

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hey. Fancy looks ain't everything, fancy shooting is. Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing what the horrible evil steel case will do. Golden Tiger is the most accurate out of my x39 AR. Your right about the kick on the x39. Went to h2 buffer it helped.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey. Fancy looks ain't everything, fancy shooting is. Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing what the horrible evil steel case will do. Golden Tiger is the most accurate out of my x39 AR. Your right about the kick on the x39. Went to h2 buffer it helped.
    Probably destroy the rifle in 10 rounds with that steel cased ammo.
    I personally like the brass yugo that eats a hole thru my chamber then melts concrete when a casing hits the ground.
    joking, but is damn accurate for cheap ammo though.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Try shooting an underfolder with one of those thin shirts. Wouldn't want to do a mag dump.

Is there a grain difference between the brass and steel?

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try shooting an underfolder with one of those thin shirts. Wouldn't want to do a mag dump.

Is there a grain difference between the brass and steel?
    I think most of it hovers around that 124 grain mark. Don't really get too much in weight offerings with milsurp 7.62x39

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Can't wait for that steel cased test. I've been looking for a cz 527 every day now. See what you did? Looking forward to your post.
    Where do you shoot?
    I'm a member of the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club. Yea, I'm probably going to be costing some on here some money when they start buying their own 7.6x39's, lol. If you have a lot of 7.62 ammo already, it's a fun way to use some of it. I'm really enjoying this little Ruger.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Where bout in pcola?
    Out in Molino. pensacolarifleandpistolclub.com. Check out the website. 3+ year waiting list, but as I tell people if you never apply you will never get in. Three years fly by in the great scheme of things.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Whew, that's a hike for me. I'm near Hurlburt Field. Was gonna offer to meet you there and let try out different ammo I have and I can video thru spotting scope. Gotta stretch the ol gals legs to 300+ yds and see what it can do.
    Think I have every flavor of steel case, match grade brass and yugo brass.
    That's a little too far though.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    It is definitely a far ways from Hulbert that's for sure. I appreciate you thinking about me though.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just read up on it, looks like a nice range. You ever head east on I-10 and want to shoot give me a hollar.
    PMing you

Top Bottom