• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedcedarHunter

Marksman
    Just trying to tap into all the knowledge and experience amongst you fine people. How the heck do y’all store your mags? I don’t mean loaded vs not. I mean where do you store them, and keep them organized for different types of different guns?
    Trying to figure out options for all the loose mags I have in drawers, shelves, etc.

Thanks in advance!

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Just trying to tap into all the knowledge and experience amongst you fine people. How the heck do y’all store your mags? I don’t mean loaded vs not. I mean where do you store them, and keep them organized for different types of different guns?
    Trying to figure out options for all the loose mags I have in drawers, shelves, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    magazines are in a closet with the weapons in a basket , some mags are in the weapons ,empty chamber [AK's] , some mags are in a range bag because one range want non magnetic . Home duty, night stand and CC are revolvers

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    All mine are in ammo cans loaded and ready. Separated by groups. I do have spare AK, Glock and AR mags in a Rubbermaid tote.
    I don't like the plastic ammo cans shown above. Never felt like they seal 100% like the metal cans. They are great for storing small items.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Mine are not super organized. I keep my "ready to go" magazines loaded (three handgun and four rifle) and on my belt or on my vest. Belt and vest live on shelving I built specifically for the purpose.

Whatever I'm shooting in competition will have all of those magazines in my range bag (separated out with "match only" mags vs "practice only" mags).

Everything else lives in labeled cardboard boxes (occasional use mags) or wrapped in paper bags (the ones that only get used on special occasions). I don't like plastic bags due to the risk of condensation. I could invest in desiccant pouches, but just using cardboard or paper is easier. I generally store ammo in the factory packaging just because it stacks nicely and I'm too uninterested to do anything else with it.

Just like Slo, my "nightstand gun" is a revolver along with my "opposite side of the house gun" in case I need a gun and I'm not near the bedroom.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Any feedlip issues?? Mag swell?

I saw a lot of feed lip issues with first and second gen Pmags on ones that basically lived loaded for two or three years. Admittedly, those mags stayed in trunks of cars year round in Florida.

The issue was they would often double feed under rapid fire after a year or so because the lips had relaxed and wouldn’t retain the rounds like a new one would. I didn’t have a lot of long term exposure to the third gen mags and I don’t use them much.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    All mine are in ammo cans loaded and ready. Separated by groups. I do have spare AK, Glock and AR mags in a Rubbermaid tote.
    I don't like the plastic ammo cans shown above. Never felt like they seal 100% like the metal cans. They are great for storing small items.
    And burying.
    And wth is this?? 12 inch cap? When did the price goto insane?
    Screenshot_20240914_222143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom