Patriot Mobile

QUESTION RE. BEAR CREEK ARSENAL 308Win - - -> GOT A 308 ....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Does anyone own a BCA AR/308Win Gen II ??
    Considering the weapon in the side charge configuration. Price is <$1100.
    Reliability and able to function using the med pressure loads without doing the switch oh- change -oh of some expensive parts.
    My vels will be - -> 165's and under at 2000-2200.
    Anyone with first hand expierance or reccomend another brand of weapon. Any for sale from my forum friends ?? ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    All my BCA stuff has worked well, .223w,.223, 7.62x39, 450b x2. They have lifetime warranty as well and are quick on the phone (sometimes) and email. I've lost charging handles, broken extractors, (100% me, futzing with stuff) and they send parts. I like em. Never had one of the big bore rifle ones, fyi they have 243 uppers too!!! They only issue I've had was a scratch on the x39 upper. If I need another I know where to go.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got their side charging upper in 7.62x39. I've only sent around 1,000 rounds through it, but have had zero issues with it. It shoots straighter than I can and goes bang every time. I've pushed all different weights of steel case and brass case through it. Never had anything break on me yet and it all appears to be in great shape. I built the lower for it. If I were you, I'd see about just buying the upper and building your own lower. You'll save a lot of money and be able to customize it to your liking. I've noticed that AERO has had a good stock of .308 in the past few months as long as you catch them in time. Larue 2 stage triggers are also shipping within a month of ordering now too.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    BCA is a crap-shoot based on various posts on other boards, but they have a following. Seems I read recently they dropped their performance guarantee... maybe someone can confirm.

I had a guy bring a 6.5G build to the precision rifle class and it shot fantastic so there's that. I admit I was surprised.

I consider them the Kel-Tec of the AR world lol... some work, some don't.

Can you build your own? If so, I've had good results with the Aero M5 platform in .308 Win. Below are just two of my five builds. Not sure of the parts compatibility of the BCA's and other AR10 type parts.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Baised on your assisment and doing light reserch,i' gonna pass on the BCA.
    THE AERO'S seem to have a good <--> great following.
    PSA would be another option but whatever I choose it MUST HAVE ADJUSTABLE GAS.
    This will be a dedicated night hunter w/ thermal and I do not want to subject the/my older unit ( or myself nowadays) to excessive recoil.
    Lighter bullets(<131grs) at med vels kill hogs and yotes just fine.
    You ever get up this way and want to ride around in my Bad Boy Buggy callin' yotes AND HOGS you will be welcome. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED- -> I had a BUSHMASTER (complete gun)some years ago that shot great. It even cycled the lower pressure loads w/o adj gas.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Baised on your assisment and doing light reserch,i' gonna pass on the BCA.
    THE AERO'S seem to have a good <--> great following.
    PSA would be another option but whatever I choose it MUST HAVE ADJUSTABLE GAS.
    This will be a dedicated night hunter w/ thermal and I do not want to subject the/my older unit ( or myself nowadays) to excessive recoil.
    Lighter bullets(<131grs) at med vels kill hogs and yotes just fine.
    You ever get up this way and want to ride around in my Bad Boy Buggy callin' yotes AND HOGS you will be welcome. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED- -> I had a BUSHMASTER (complete gun)some years ago that shot great. It even cycled the lower pressure loads w/o adj gas.

I have found the Hornady 110gr V-Max to be pleasant to shoot... It's the bullet Hornady uses in the TAP line for 110gr .308... it's devastating on hogs and an excellent HD round that won't over penetrate.

I'm working tonight and don't have access to my notes, but I'm thinking I settled on AA2520 as TAC wasn't giving me 100% cycling... I'll double check if interested.

Of the M5's I've shot that load out of they were MOA and below, not bad for a home-built gasser IMO.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Have only had smaller cartridge Bear Creek side charger uppers. The only problem encountered was that the charging handle wants to unscrew during use, needing to retighten every magazine worth of shooting. Don't want to lock tite it as it needs to come out to clean the upper parts. I wrap a turn of fishing line around the threads, and it keeps the handle screwed in, but easy to take apart.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Have only had smaller cartridge Bear Creek side charger uppers. The only problem encountered was that the charging handle wants to unscrew during use, needing to retighten every magazine worth of shooting. Don't want to lock tite it as it needs to come out to clean the upper parts. I wrap a turn of fishing line around the threads, and it keeps the handle screwed in, but easy to take apart.
    They have fixed this on their gen 2 line.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    All my BCA stuff has worked well, .223w,.223, 7.62x39, 450b x2. They have lifetime warranty as well and are quick on the phone (sometimes) and email. I've lost charging handles, broken extractors, (100% me, futzing with stuff) and they send parts. I like em. Never had one of the big bore rifle ones, fyi they have 243 uppers too!!! They only issue I've had was a scratch on the x39 upper. If I need another I know where to go.

Do you know which ar308 platform they are compatible with Ala the dpms style or any of the 3 or 4 other styles of lowers.

Top Bottom