• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Guess what, it works. After adjusting the 3x +/- focus crystal clear. Haven't shot yet. Also thought of something that might work. Adjust the 3x a tad higher to give drop comp....hmmmm. I wish I could get a pic. Slid the cap back to "seal" the two units. Also slight difference in height between the reciever and the barrel. This is poly 15-22 Very slight but its there.
    Dont know if the adjustment on the 3x will do what I want it to.

I'll move it to the x39 upper when it gets here later today. Guess it's a 7.5x scope now?

Attachments

• 20200526_144438.jpg
      20200526_144438.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 283

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess what, it works. After adjusting the 3x +/- focus crystal clear. Haven't shot yet. Also thought of something that might work. Adjust the 3x a tad higher to give drop comp....hmmmm. I wish I could get a pic. Slid the cap back to "seal" the two units. Also slight difference in height between the reciever and the barrel. This is poly 15-22 Very slight but its there.
    Dont know if the adjustment on the 3x will do what I want it to.

I'll move it to the x39 upper when it gets here later today. Guess it's a 7.5x scope now?
    Very cool that it works!

If the reticle is only in the 2.5×, how would "raising" the 3× provide any drop comp? It would be rasing (misalignment) of the no reticle 3× view but not the 2.5× reticle which will still be at the same POA Zero just "in-line lower" within the final field of view. Am I missing something?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Very cool that it works!

If the reticle is only in the 2.5×, how would "raising" the 3× provide any drop comp? It would be rasing (misalignment) of the no reticle 3× view but not the 2.5× reticle which will still be at the same POA Zero just "in-line lower" within the final field of view. Am I missing something?

Yeah, after further reading on it I don't think it will work. :-( thought their might be a way to use parallax in a positive way.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Top Bottom