• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I buy a 6 in silencer that is two piece,inner and outer, Can I legally Pin the inside to a 10.5 in barrel ? and have it count as a 16.5 in barrel? So I could put on a rifle,ar,Lower?

Or is it best to just screw on a 10.5 in barrel that is connected to a pistol lower? imo..Both are legal But... I do NOT know if my opinion is Fact according to the ATF.

Thanks

Michael

Chan4201

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As long as it is 16 in from mouth of the bore to the bolt face, and is permanently affixed, should be good

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Besides, the AFT doesn't even recognize what the law is...

Pin&weld permanence lets you have the full menu of rifle stock options, without any SBR or "dreaded" pistol brace issues, sure. But then you've just bubba'd yourself an "integrally suppressed" dedicated barrel. One and done.

However, leave the suppressor alone, and substitute your AR stock for an AR brace, and now you're just as legal, and bonus: you can use that suppressor on other hosts.

Both of your proposed options are legal. One allows the use of way more "AR stock" options; the other allows way more platform switching options.

Top Bottom