• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I‘m a left handed shooter and have started to push about 2 inches right at 10 yards. The groups are tight if I aim at the same spot, just right. I had someone else shoot the gun - it is not the gun. This is slow fire - no timer involved.

Suggestion on getting back centered?

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I'm a right hand shooter but left eye dom. i shoot handguns 1 to1.5 left
    I just move my sight to the right

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When I was teaching, this was usually a grip problem (and less often an eye dominance issue as already mentioned). If you hold the pistol in a two handed grip and your off hand index finger is on the trigger guard, stop doing this.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Here ya go

Attachments

• 20210113_114920.jpg
      20210113_114920.jpg
      661.1 KB · Views: 131
    • 20210113_114927.jpg
      20210113_114927.jpg
      621.8 KB · Views: 129

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Have you seen this...

The first few things on the pie chart he said were "crap" and that "he's never seen so we're just not going to talk about them" I actually have seen. And that's as far as I got into this video before I turned it off.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The first few things on the pie chart he said were "crap" and that "he's never seen so we're just not going to talk about them" I actually have seen. And that's as far as I got into this video before I turned it off.

I totally understand.

I don't agree with the trigger jerk being a myth per se...

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I get 1" left sometimes (RH) and usually for me it is like Bowhntr6pt mentioned...I adjust by bring my finger out just a little.

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What does the gun do when you dry fire?

What does the gun do when you load a dummy round in the magazine and it goes click?

What has the gun done if you bring it up, aim, close your eyes for 10 seconds, and open them again?

Does the gun group the same if the target is far enough away so you can't see the holes?

Does the group "walk" right as you complete the string?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No offense to ANYONE but the "pie chart" isn't really an accurate tool to diagnose shooting issues. IMO it has limited validity and application. It's been around a while and at one time at least provided a point from which to start. No good instructor I've trained with uses or believes in it... and I've trained with some of the best in the business.

Like John, aka The Sheriff of Bagdad, I've recorded shooters who have issues and almost always it ends up being a simple problem of moving the pistol via muscle input micro seconds before the gun goes off... many times accompanied with a slow closing of the eyes.

Like mentioned above, pre-shot movement is best detected by mixing dummy rounds with live rounds.

Bottom line IMO... if your pistol's sights are proper, and your rounds don't go where you want, it most likely is one of two things... 1) you are losing sight alignment/sight picture as you press the trigger due to muscle inputs into he pistol that are unintended (healing, milking, etc.) or 2) you are closing your eyes in anticipation of the pistol's discharge thus losing sight picture as you press the trigger. In my experience of recording people shooting these two issues seem to be a dominate problem... YMMV.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    I‘m a left handed shooter and have started to push about 2 inches right at 10 yards. The groups are tight if I aim at the same spot, just right. I had someone else shoot the gun - it is not the gun. This is slow fire - no timer involved.

Suggestion on getting back centered?

Sounds like the Coriolis Effect to me.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Thanks for all the feedback. It looks like I have a few assignments for the next range session. Hopefully tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I come up with any solutions.

Top Bottom