• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    As the title infers, I am a proud new owner of a nice used Cimarron Firearms Pistolero in .45LC. I had my eye on this one for a few days and was finally able to get it. It is a beautiful revolver. I did shine up the brass and give it a good wiping. Now, I have this one along with my .45LC Heritage Rough Rider.

DSC00099 (1).JPG
    DSC00102.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG

Here is the Heritage with the same holster.

021.JPG

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nice cannons!! Differences between the 2?? Build quality etc..
    I have not done any comparison as of yet. I do know that the Heritage Rough Rider .45LC is a nice shooting revolver. From all of the reviews I have seen, the Cimarron (Pietta) Pistolero .45LC is a joy to shoot. Price wise, they are really close with the Heritage being slightly cheaper. Both are considered "budget" SAAs, but I would not classify them as such by anything more than their pricing. Both are very well built revolvers and the finishes are stellar. One day, I would love to add a Colt .45LC SAA, but that is not in the cards right now.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have not done any comparison as of yet. I do know that the Heritage Rough Rider .45LC is a nice shooting revolver. From all of the reviews I have seen, the Cimarron (Pietta) Pistolero .45LC is a joy to shoot. Price wise, they are really close with the Heritage being slightly cheaper. Both are considered "budget" SAAs, but I would not classify them as such by anything more than their pricing. Both are very well built revolvers and the finishes are stellar. One day, I would love to add a Colt .45LC SAA, but that is not in the cards right now.
    I had a Cimarron Frontier that I let go recently here on the board - excellent revolver, no complaints at all on build quality, finish, etc, especially for the price. Really nice gun, but it was too small for my hand. Congrats on the purchase.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    No. I just have an appreciation for cowboy guns. I learned to shoot back in the mid-1960s with a Colt Frontier Scout .22lr SAA that my father had. One day, I will have a nice lever-action rifle, but I need to decide on which one and in which caliber.
    I currently have an old 50’s Colt Frontier Scout. I love the old cowboy wheel guns also

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As the title infers, I am a proud new owner of a nice used Cimarron Firearms Pistolero in .45LC. I had my eye on this one for a few days and was finally able to get it. It is a beautiful revolver. I did shine up the brass and give it a good wiping. Now, I have this one along with my .45LC Heritage Rough Rider.

View attachment 128097 View attachment 128098 View attachment 128099

View attachment 128100
    Very nice guns! I have (5) in 45LC and (1) in 38 spl. I have custom silver inlaid grips on all but one of them. (3) of them have the Clint Eastwood rattle snakes inlaid on both sides of them and (1) has a custom rattle snake with Ruby red eyes that I helped design. Most of mine have custom trigger jobs with (1) set at 2 lbs. If you want to see the guy who has done all my work, go to classic single action .com and look at what Joe Perkins does with these guns! If you would like to see a pic of mine, let me know. Some of mine are Uberti's and some are Pietta's. The Pietta's in my opinion are slightly better. I shoot them almost every weekend. I love them! Congrats on your new purchase!

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Very nice guns! I have (5) in 45LC and (1) in 38 spl. I have custom silver inlaid grips on all but one of them. (3) of them have the Clint Eastwood rattle snakes inlaid on both sides of them and (1) has a custom rattle snake with Ruby red eyes that I helped design. Most of mine have custom trigger jobs with (1) set at 2 lbs. If you want to see the guy who has done all my work, go to classic single action .com and look at what Joe Perkins does with these guns! If you would like to see a pic of mine, let me know. Some of mine are Uberti's and some are Pietta's. The Pietta's in my opinion are slightly better. I shoot them almost every weekend. I love them! Congrats on your new purchase!
    Here is a pic of my favorite 45LC. 20190614_094305.jpg

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is sharp looking.
    Thanks. Check out the website classicsingleaction.com and click on the Gallery link and you will see a lot of cool pistols that Joe has done! Dice, horseshoes, snakes, skulls, you name it. He can do anything you want. You choose the wood and design and he can do it. He uses 99% sterling silver or 14-18 kt gold for the inlays. One side or both sides of the grips. You can get the grips thin, med. factory or factory grip profiles. I like the med. factory profile grips, not to thick and not to thin. All work is done by hand. He does great gunsmith work and awesome trigger jobs also! My action is slicker than an old Colt Python and extremely lite. Less than 2 lbs! Each grip is custom made to the gun and if you close your eyes and rub your finger over the grip, you can't tell where the wood stops and the frame starts! PS.. you do not feel the inlay in the grip when you hold the pistol in your hand. The inlay is flush with the wood!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Thanks. Check out the website classicsingleaction.com and click on the Gallery link and you will see a lot of cool pistols that Joe has done! Dice, horseshoes, snakes, skulls, you name it. He can do anything you want. You choose the wood and design and he can do it. He uses 99% sterling silver or 14-18 kt gold for the inlays. One side or both sides of the grips. You can get the grips thin, med. factory or factory grip profiles. I like the med. factory profile grips, not to thick and not to thin. All work is done by hand. He does great gunsmith work and awesome trigger jobs also! My action is slicker than an old Colt Python and extremely lite. Less than 2 lbs! Each grip is custom made to the gun and if you close your eyes and rub your finger over the grip, you can't tell where the wood stops and the frame starts! PS.. you do not feel the inlay in the grip when you hold the pistol in your hand. The inlay is flush with the wood!
    I will check it out.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ron

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Went and looked, wow. He even builds one piece grips.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Very nice

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a 2 revolver Kirkpatrick rig that I'm not using, if you want it to carry both of these at the same time. It's all "or best offer"

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

View attachment 128097 View attachment 128098 View attachment 128099

View attachment 128100
    Those are two beautiful pistols.. Would love to hear how you compare the two after you shoot them.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 2 revolver Kirkpatrick rig that I'm not using, if you want it to carry both of these at the same time. It's all "or best offer"
    That is a nice holster.

But I have seen enough movies, to carry a brace of 6 guns in a 2 holster rig like that they have to be identical. Your hips will not walk right if they are the least different :).

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    That is a nice holster.

But I have seen enough movies, to carry a brace of 6 guns in a 2 holster rig like that they have to be identical. Your hips will not walk right if they are the least different :).
    Offset it with more ammo in the loops towards the side of the lighter weight revolver?

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    That is a nice holster.

Well... they were all already bowlegged, so what did they care about being an ounce or two heavy on one side? As much as John Wayne got around while wearing holsters, he looked pretty tall and straight in his old age. But apparently he was 6'4" and had a small... feet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-055106_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210818-055106_Chrome.jpg
      308.1 KB · Views: 47
    • Screenshot_20210818-055457_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210818-055457_Chrome.jpg
      306.3 KB · Views: 52
    • Screenshot_20210818-055523_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210818-055523_Chrome.jpg
      328.5 KB · Views: 46
    • Screenshot_20210818-055534_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210818-055534_Chrome.jpg