• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My son was able to get this buck on Public land in Wyoming. He used a Marlin XS-7 7mm-08 to make a 350 yard shot. His friend did him a solid by taking him out, showing him the ropes, and calling the distance.

I'd love to join him next year.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Very cool! I can't imagine a 350 yard shot like that is easy. Nice looking buck too.

With a drop of about 13"-14" it's really no big deal. The catch out there is the wind. Once he shot the buck he called me live and I actually got to experience his walk to the kill recovery. I immediately could tell the wind was kicking, which is normal for WY.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    He killed Bambi! (Bambi was a buck)

congrats!

If you can get the tags, Elk and Mule Deer are even tastier!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If he's in the proper zone it's a "Righteous Shoot".
    Nobody wants a questionable Kill!
    A questionable "KILL" taints the skill required to make the shot in question.
    High wind within 50 yards of "Point Blank Range" is still worth congratulations as long as it's a "Righteous Shoot". JMHO.
    But these are terms reserved for folks that do such deeds for a living, not the normal for folks filling the freezer with venison. Once Again JMHO.

A 350 yard shot exemplifies good Marksmanship, it also displays extremely poor Stalking Skills. Hunters pride themselves on the ability to "Stalk thier prey". Marksman pride themselves on the ability to make shot's that are outside of normal "Stalking Distances". 350 yard shots should be regulated to paper targets regardless of if they have been pulled off once. JMHO Again.

I'll accept Y'all's ire.
    It may not change my opinion on a Hunter's Stalking Skill?

LOL.

I don't know why you find it necessary to take a shit in my thread and cast a questionable taint over my son's fine harvest.

However, what ever the motivation, I hope it made you feel better.

Neither I nor my son need to justify anything to you as to hunting legally, stalking ability or lack thereof, and certainly not a response to the necessity to avoid long range kills on game. Your comment is absolutely BS as it relates to western Mule Deer and Elk hunting where extended shots by competent shooters are the norm.

Have a nice day Sir.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    LOL.

I don't know why you find it necessary to take a shit in my thread and cast a questionable taint over my son's fine harvest.

However, what ever the motivation, I hope it made you feel better. Or...... maybe he can’t shoot for shit.

Neither I nor my son need to justify anything to you as to hunting legally, stalking ability or lack thereof, and certainly not a response to the necessity to avoid long range kills on game. Your comment is absolutely BS as it relates to western Mule Deer and Elk hunting where extended shots by competent shooters are the norm.

Have a nice day Sir.
    There is always that one sir. Must be an unhappy person.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congrats!!! Don't worry about the internet law enforcement!!! They have nothing better to do with their time.

Awesome awesome awesome!!! Love seeing kiddos involved.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL.

However, what ever the motivation, I hope it made you feel better.

Have a nice day Sir.

Sorry you perceived Hunting Season Facts in Wyoming (Vice The Gulf Coast) as defecating on your thread.

Competent Western Shooters routinely make 400 yard + shots on P-Dogs. (But they don't have many P-Dog recipes.) Yet I Congratulate your Son's Marksmanship and you take offense. I'm assuming that the Game pictured will be properly butchered and become part of the years table fare which is right & proper afield hunting. As to Western Hunting, or Global Hunting I'm not a novice. (How many of those Roosevelt Elk have Y'all bagged over the years?) When you get done researching on Google, perhaps you could ask the General Populous what Dope they need to dial on thier scope just to get the proper Elevation on a 350 yard shot? (I'm going to bet that most folks reading this can't or haven't even got a single 350 yard shot on paper.) So if you persist on blowing the BS Whistle, I'll invite you to an MWR Event at Fort Stewarts Red Cloud Range as my guest, just because you need not justify anything that I'll testify/signature as a witness.

Still, (JMHO) the youngman made a good shot, but the stalking ability as a "Shooter" in today's or yesteryears Military Qualifications are a bit wanting.

Are you willing to accept my praise of his Marksmanship? Or do you want me to fail his ability to successfully stalk the most dangerous of game????

Hey War-Buff can I extend an all expenses paid on me Range Session at Fort Stewart's 1K Red Cloud Known Distance Range, or should I invite you to a little of the H-H Training I experienced from Mike Echanis? There appears to be a shortage of Vetted Veterans still alive on this forum today. I'll bet that the rank & file are awaiting your experiences while earning a "Challenge Coin" somewhere other than on a keyboard. I perceive that folks hold your opinion in "High Regard". No matter the outcome, I promise to keep others perceptions of your opinions intack. USN CWO2 Ret. Promise.

Small people think these are challenges, Real Warriors accept these as prepaid opportunities. Y'all can read and interpret this as you wish. Then you can advise your Internet "Heroes" on if it's advisable to put up or shut up! But I Promise when they fail, I won't advertise thier failures. Less than 1% of the Militaries Elite have ever qualified. Less than 1% of the Military Elite have ever qualified to be qualified by me. Even less have ever proven that they can Qualify from a Keyboard. LOL

Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sorry you perceived Hunting Season Facts in Wyoming (Vice The Gulf Coast) as defecating on your thread.

Competent Western Shooters routinely make 400 yard + shots on P-Dogs. (But they don't have many P-Dog recipes.) Yet I Congratulate your Son's Marksmanship and you take offense. I'm assuming that the Game pictured will be properly butchered and become part of the years table fare which is right & proper afield hunting. As to Western Hunting, or Global Hunting I'm not a novice. (How many of those Roosevelt Elk have Y'all bagged over the years?) When you get done researching on Google, perhaps you could ask the General Populous what Dope they need to dial on thier scope just to get the proper Elevation on a 350 yard shot? (I'm going to bet that most folks reading this can't or haven't even got a single 350 yard shot on paper.) So if you persist on blowing the BS Whistle, I'll invite you to an MWR Event at Fort Stewarts Red Cloud Range as my guest, just because you need not justify anything that I'll testify/signature as a witness.

Still, (JMHO) the youngman made a good shot, but the stalking ability as a "Shooter" in today's or yesteryears Military Qualifications are a bit wanting.

Are you willing to accept my praise of his Marksmanship? Or do you want me to fail his ability to successfully stalk the most dangerous of game????

Hey War-Buff can I extend an all expenses paid on me Range Session at Fort Stewart's 1K Red Cloud Known Distance Range, or should I invite you to a little of the H-H Training I experienced from Mike Echanis? There appears to be a shortage of Vetted Veterans still alive on this forum today. I'll bet that the rank & file are awaiting your experiences while earning a "Challenge Coin" somewhere other than on a keyboard. I perceive that folks hold your opinion in "High Regard". No matter the outcome, I promise to keep others perceptions of your opinions intack. USN CWO2 Ret. Promise.
    Hey if your extending the invitation to Fort Stewart's 1K Red Cloud Known Distance Range, I’ll go on my dime with you. I was stationed at Ft Stewart from 2011-2013 as an Infantryman. Been there many times. Echo Range. Southern tactical also has a 1K range. Hell I’ve take my 16 inch carbine out to 600 out at southern from off a shipping container.
    my comment to you was that you had to you from your first post
    “I'm a bit confused?
    https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH6.pdf
    Isn't firearms opening day for deer 1NOV2020 in Wyoming?”
    Not congratulate the young man, but question whether he was hunting legally, like come on man. Your not even in Wyoming, why should or would you even care? It’s not your job to “fact check “ his legality. We have it bad enough from big bother breathing down our necks that we don’t need folks in our community doing it for them. Be easy and have a stress free night on the forum.
    US Army Infantry SSG retired.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey if your extending the invitation to Fort Stewart's 1K Red Cloud Known Distance Range, I’ll go on my dime with you. I was stationed at Ft Stewart from 2011-2013 as an Infantryman. Been there many times. Southern tactical also has a 1K range. Hell I’ve take my 16 inch carbine out to 600 out at southern from off a shipping container.
    my comment to you was that you had to you from your first post
    “I'm a bit confused?
    https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH6.pdf
    Isn't firearms opening day for deer 1NOV2020 in Wyoming?”
    Not congratulate the young man, but question whether he was hunting legally, like come on man. Your not even in Wyoming, why should or would you even care? It’s not your job to “fact check “ his legality. We have it bad enough from big bother breathing down our necks that we don’t need folks in our community doing it for them. Be easy and have a stress free night on the forum.

I gave the legal parameters for a righteous shoot.

The Red Cloud Range posts steel targets at 750 & 1 K yards. There are alot of regulations that need to met prior to shooting. Here is a link. https://stewarthunter.armymwr.com/programs/skeet-trap-range

Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's not time to slam your 6 in the wind. But The Red Cloud Range posts steel targets at 750 & 1 K yards. If you want to get butt hurt as an Infantryman I'll abide! Your Range Instructureter told you you would get instruction from a Superior Instructor from outside your range lessons. Guess who kicked your ass with an M1A/M14NM if you ever qualified to shoot at that range?
    Jpyritz I'm that Navy Guy that kicked the (AMU) Shooting Teams Ass cause your CSM invited to your training session, to prove a point. Even if I'm Old and Retired.
    We can post up credentials all you want. But my sniper school training cert from ft benning says I know what I’m doing. And last I looked when I was in the mountains of Afghanistan the only guys next to me were grunts. I have real world experience. So unless you have a trident, I have no problem schooling your boomer ass on any range.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    “So yes, I'll invite you to lose at the 750 yard range and not even qualify at the 1K range with all your Infantry Skills. Just saying, not saying, but 7.62x 51 mm ain't even allowing Y'all to qualify. LOL”

so set a date! I’m game. And it’s laughable you keep trying to dig at my “Infantry” skills. Forgetting that its the infantry thats kept your ass free for a few hundred years. Go get in your canoe and reminisce about the high seas.

And if ya wanna keep this up, make a new thread because I’m not gonna keep littering the OP’s post about his son and his great shooting. I’m sure he’d appreciate it.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We can post up credentials all you want. But my sniper school training cert from ft benning says I know what I’m doing. And last I looked when I was in the mountains of Afghanistan the only guys next to me were grunts. I have real world experience. So unless you have a trident, I have no problem schooling your boomer ass on any range.

Guess you missed a little Uncle Sam"s Misguided Training Lessons:

Well, UDT have only gained those post service . Tridents are granted by the Gracious of those SEALS that earned those Tridents after them. But prior to earning a SEAL Trident
    it may have been called Underwater Demolition .
    UDT_D_1_large.png

Top Bottom