• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wr4611

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, I'll admit it. I have been holding out, hoping the prices of reloading components would come back to somewhat normal prices. No luck...Now I have a couple new toys I need to reload for. I am looking for Small Rifle Primers and Small Pistol Primers. Does anyone out there know of a good source? Everywhere i go online says sold out!! any help would be appreciated. Any Group Buys?

P4RET

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Ok, I'll admit it. I have been holding out, hoping the prices of reloading components would come back to somewhat normal prices. No luck...Now I have a couple new toys I need to reload for. I am looking for Small Rifle Primers and Small Pistol Primers. Does anyone out there know of a good source? Everywhere i go online says sold out!! any help would be appreciated. Any Group Buys?
    Check your PM... I sent you one

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I just got 10k federal small pistol delivered yesterday from Natchez shooting supply. They are out there you just have to look. I check www.ammoseek.com several times a day. The ginex small pistol primers are available from several suppliers, I got 5k from KRArmory for $450 including shipping and hazmat. They work great, no problems whatsoever. There are also ginex small rifle primers available.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Uber's also has primers in stock, depending on what they are they range in price from $8.99/100 to $13.99/100.

wr4611

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the info. Fla Kid fixed me up with a couple thousand. Great Guy! I'll keep my eyes open for more in the future.

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For future reference when / if the prices come back to sane levels, here's some advice... HOARD them!

Screw what others think about you! Dirt bags who diss you and have nothing because they had other priorities for their dollars may spew hate, but at least you get to shoot while they enjoy the other things they spent money on instead of components.

Are there other priorities like kids, rent, gas? Sure and all valid reasons to not stock up, but the hatred I've seen for those who stocked up after this last shortage was unforgivable regardless of their reasons for their not being able to shoot.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Small pistol primers are like the golden unicorn. I never can find them available.
    I think 2nd Amend had a brick sitting on the shelf forever. I haven't looked in a while but it was there a long time.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I just checked ammoseek.com out of curiosity, and there are a LOT of primers available, including SP. You might not like the prices so much, but if you didn't prepare and now have none, well...Anyway, they are available.

Reactions: WRM

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The ones from natchez aren't priced too bad considering what they have been, and they will let you get 10k. Add some powder and the hazmat charge per item gets broken up pretty good.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Academy on Davis in Pensacola had some Federal gold medal match LRP yesterday, limit 4 sleeves. I didn’t ask how much they were, but they’re on the back counter.

Top Bottom