• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been looking for the wife a 22 semiautomatic pistol for a couple months now and have been coming up short...obviously lol. I found a beretta 22 (replica of 9mm just a little shorter) but it will be about 450 after shipping and FFL. Should I pop on it or be patient? My gut tells me grab before it's out of stock but my brain is saying that's a little high for a 22

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Get it at 450 or it may be 650 or unobtainable. I hate to think like that but the more I see the worse it gets.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ya that's what I'm worried about. Didn't take much to convince me lol. Just wanted a nudge

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beretta neos are going for under $300 on gunbroker if you watch for a week you will find one.

I would say spend the $450 on a browning buckmark.
    She likes that it looks like a 9mm

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, if someone had a 22 pointed @ me, I would be hands up taking steps back. But she seems to think it is more of an intimidation factor. I will wait and check gun broker for a week or so. Really wanted the tx22

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We got to shoot the SW EZ-9 the other day - and I must say the improvements are amazing. biggest change for me was the slide pressure to load up. Wife hated everything else I had, she shot a kimber micro-9 and fell in love with it because it was "easy". The new EZ-9 is very similar. She also shot the Glock 44 in 22lr - was able to cut a card in half (sideways) at 10 yards. She hit it 3 times out of 8 rounds - something to consider there as well..... I've been looking for a GSG Firefly (22lr) as well for months.....the one with the threaded barrel looks menacing if thats what shes going for. GL!

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of problems with firefly's.
    Better to go with something that works and will last.
    Don't normally encourage people to use 22's for self defense, but 10 rds of 22 in 5 seconds or less then a reload is damn scary. Plus practice is easy and cheaper(sic) than normal self defense calibers

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I thinking GSG originally made the early Sig 22 for Sig, before they started building them themselves.
    Then, they (GSG) started selling the firefly, same as the early sig 22. They were identical except the name of course.
    I believe I read that on their site when I first saw the gsg firefly for sale.
    So if there was a lot of problems, I guess that could have been the reason Sig stopped farming out and started making their own?

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    l bought a P22 walther with my first can. Ran great until the the slide cracked (after 20 yrs). Found out they use low grade pot metal for the slide. They replaced the slide ,but only after some pressure. Hardly shoot it anymore since I got my Mark III threaded barrel. Thought the Sig mosquito was a good replacement until I handled it. Not a real Sig, they out sourced it.
    I am very careful about slide metallurgy since then

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    We got to shoot the SW EZ-9 the other day - and I must say the improvements are amazing. biggest change for me was the slide pressure to load up. Wife hated everything else I had, she shot a kimber micro-9 and fell in love with it because it was "easy". The new EZ-9 is very similar. She also shot the Glock 44 in 22lr - was able to cut a card in half (sideways) at 10 yards. She hit it 3 times out of 8 rounds - something to consider there as well..... I've been looking for a GSG Firefly (22lr) as well for months.....the one with the threaded barrel looks menacing if thats what shes going for. GL!

S&W issues Recall on Select Shield EZ Pistols. This is the headline in the February, 2021 American Rifleman page 28. It effects 9mm and 380ACP manufactured between March 1 and October 31, 2020. The potential exists for multiple discharges with a single pull of the trigger to occur. Owner's can call S&W 888-871-7114 or visit mpshieldezrecall.com. S&W will pay freight both ways to send your firearm in for inspection and possible repair than send it back to you within 10 days.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My concern is the 5 inch barrel. She uses tiny purses because when she doesn't she sets it down and loses everything. I wouldn't mind if she just kept in the car. I think that would be the time she needs it. I cant see her drawing on a bunch of other moms lol.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call Jimmy's in Ft Walton. Ask about their KelTec P17 waiting list. It goes pretty quick $199.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom