APOD Firearms

PRICE DROP** 1939 Mauser K98, Sporterized to 270 Win. $450 w/scope, rings and mount

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: 450
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Price
    Item Location
    Fort Walton Beach
    I have a really nice K98 made in 1939 by Mauser. I purchased the gun from a friend that got it from his dad who was in WWII and brought the rifle home. Unfortunately he decided to remove most of the original parts and make it a 270 hunting rifle. The bore is like new and the overall condition is super. No, I have not shot it but everything functions just as it should. I am not looking for trades...cash only. I live in FWB and will drive 1/2 way to meet you, but I will only go so far to meet you. And FYI, the optics are cloudy and suck....I put no value on the optics. The best and quickest way to reach me is by text 850-685-1900. This item will stay up for sale until I have cash in hand. IMG_5568.JPG IMG_5564.JPG IMG_5565.JPG IMG_5571.JPG IMG_5572.JPG IMG_5567.JPG IMG_5569.JPG IMG_5570.JPG IMG_5573.JPG

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bump

I've been aggressively lowing the price. Unlike some out there the value is based solely on what someone else will pay...not what I think it's worth.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Any idea who made the barrel? Who did the conversion? How long ago? Is the receiver glass bedded to the frame? Is the barrel free floating in the stock?

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any idea who made the barrel? Who did the conversion? How long ago? Is the receiver glass bedded to the frame? Is the barrel free floating in the stock?
    Soo many question and so few answers. I have not taken the action out of the stock so not sure if it is glass bedded. As far as your other questions, the answers are "I don't know". My guess is that the work was done in the 50's just based upon the scope parts used and what the son had told me about the history of the rifle. So, with that in mind what ever the standard procedures were back in the 50's is probably what was done.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom