• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The fact of the matter is any opposing force will be looking to disable your vehicle to take what you have up to and including your life. Having to protect newer model vehicles electronics or looking for an older vehicle without them for fear of an EMP is really not even a valid argument. The most likely SHTF scenario will be a civil social uprising pitting fellow citizens against one another. So unless you have the money, time, and skill to either buy you a armored vehicle that can’t be stopped, or build one, everything else is a bullet to the radiator or a spike strip to your tire away from you being involved in an incredible two way rifle range ! The best you can hope for is a spouse who can drive and DRIVE WELL and or shoot while you DRIVE WELL or your life expectancy is going to be that of a WWII tank crew, maybe 2 1/2 minutes. Best you can hope for is to link up with a platoon size group and beat feet it to a safe zone.
    Screenshot_20220923-031056.png

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i'll get a battlefield pickup or requisition as needed... others can use and pay for till i need to borrow...

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if its that bad ...and you have to move walk
    if you have to drive battlefield pick up
    with shotgun riders

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    i'll get a battlefield pickup or requisition as needed... others can use and pay for till i need to borrow...
    I shared this same sentiment for the whole year I caught crap from everybody because all I owned was a Harley. Why pay to maintain, register and insure the best bug out vehicle when after the SHTF we can all just hose the blood out of one laying around, free for the taking?

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    How do you like that "decked" ? Been wanting one of those for a while

The Decked secure drawer storage was one thing that caught my eye on the truck. I really like the drawer system as it is dividable and flexible. Held the truck tent and all camping/road gear real well and kept it dry.

It is a rare Chevy Colorado that must have been a special order as I have been told that it would be the only way to get a Z71 Crew Cab Diesel Colorado with a 6' bed. I really like it, we tent camped in it with Browning Endeavor sleeping bags and slept well. I like its low key lack of stickers and such. Will be used with shell for wife and I to camp, and later to two a travel trailer if plans succeed.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The Decker secure drawer storage was one thing that caught my eye on the truck. I really like the drawer system as it is dividable and flexible. Held the truck tent and all camping/road gear real well and kept it dry.

It is a rare Chevy Colorado that must have been a special order as I have been told that it would be the only way to get a Z71 Crew Cab Diesel Colorado with a 6' bed. I really like it, we tent camped in it with Browning Endeavor sleeping bags and slept well. I like its low key lack of stickers and such. Will be used with shell for wife and I to camp, and later to two a travel trailer if plans succeed.
    That is a rare configuration for a Colorado. At least I've never seen one before. Get an aluminum.contractor cap with as high a roof as you can. You'd be surprised how much headroom the "decked" product will take up under a cap that is the same roof height as your truck. Some caps have the same interior height as a cargo van. That's what I want next. This will also provide room for a basket mounted on a rack over the top of my quad cab, and still have the basket below the level of my contractor caps roof, so as to have the basket contents stay out of the way under the canoes and kayaks. This basket/contractor cap height configuration would also work great for a roof mounted tent in front of the contractor cap but under the cap roofs level. That's next!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Camper shell FINALLY came in. All the fault of the mfg, but could have wished for some better tracking and communications from the retail outlet. Shell was installed today, and the folding futon style 4.5" firm memory foam mattress arrived today too. Have a few more items to add, or buy, and she will be ready for full duty.

20230105_162353_resized.jpg

20230105_113647_resized.jpg

20230105_114222_resized.jpg

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I hope you aren’t claustrophobic, Ray. With the deck plus the futon, you might be scraping your shoulder on the ceiling if you’re a side-sleeper.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I hope you aren’t claustrophobic, Ray. With the deck plus the futon, you might be scraping your shoulder on the ceiling if you’re a side-sleeper.
    I should be fine. The topper is a mid-rise, so has about a 6" increased ceiling increase over standard topper. They do not make a hi-rise topper for the Colorado I was told.

I am not claustrophobic, or I would never have been able to sleep in the coffin racks on the fast attack subs I rode. I am also a back sleeper, and about 35 pounds lighter than I was, so I take up less space now. LOL

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I “thought” you had sub time. I guess my ancient memory isn’t so bad. That camper will feel downright spacious, then.

Very cool mobile “fort”. Stealth factor is good. Add a generic magnet on each door for some non-descript business (doesn't even have to be a real business), and you could blend in quite nicely with that white truck.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Top Bottom