• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    DATE- May 10/11 (2-day course)

TIME- 0900am to EOM

LOCATION- Aucilla, FL (30 minutes east of Tallahassee just off I-10)

COST- $125.00 per student

Relaxed, fun. safe, and challenging approach to learning about Precision Rifle shooting. Range of engagements will be from 50 yards to 300+ using a variety of shooting positions and barricades/training aids.

Learn about rifle and scope set ups, how to estimate range with and without a scope (MOA and MILS explained, demonstrated, and practiced). Rifle zero and ballistic charts/data books. Learn how external, internal, and terminal ballistics play a role in precision rifle shooting.

For more information about the class, me as an instructor, or feedback from those who have attended, visit Signal-0.com

I also loan rifles and gear for free... what ever it takes to get you off the couch and involved!! If you are not local, contact me about staying for free in our hunt camp... I have limited space for those who would like to attend but don't want the added expense of a hotel.

Ardiemus

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How many rounds. What kind of rifles are the most prevalent? Bolts or ARs?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How many rounds. What kind of rifles are the most prevalent? Bolts or ARs?

Thanks for the questions...

The round count for both days is approximately 200 rounds... while it is preferred that Match ammunition be used, it is not mandatory.

As far as the rifle is concerned, I've had people bring everything from expensive Chey Tac's and custom built rifles, to standard hunting rifles. Bring what you want to train with or borrow one of my rifles. Bolt actions and Semi-autos are both brought and successfully used. While there have been some using wildcat calibers, .223 and .308 are by far the most popular.

The ideal rifle will be one that has a heavy barrel vs. a thin sporter-type barrel, a flex-free stock that allows for free-floating of the barrel, a bi-pod, and a trigger with a crisp clean break of less than 5 pounds.... just some general recommendations here... not must haves.

Scopes... while not mandatory, it is HIGHLY recommended that the scope be in the 3-9 to 4.5-14 power range (adjustable for parallax) and have a MIL based or MOA based reticle.

Any other issues or questions, please ask... thanks.

Top Bottom