• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've got a pet load that works fantastic for longer range plinking in .38special. 6.5gr of Power Pistol under a 125gr Berry's FP pill. Tack driver at 50-75 yards. The problem is that I'm down to the dregs of the bottle on Power Pistol. Tried a similar speed load (at least according to my manuals) with CFE Pistol and it shot like crap and left extremely dirty cases (and hands from single loading my Blackhawk). I've got Bullseye, HP-38, Universal, and a little bit of Unique left, along with the CFE Pistol. I've got multiple loads that work well for 158gr cast SWCs and RNFP's, but these little 125gr Berry's with the Power Pistol load are just a helluva lot of fun to shoot and are ridiculously accurate and flat-shooting. I was gonging steel at the back berm of the rifle range at ERGC with it while a friend was sighting in his rifle next to me without nearly as much holdover as I'd need with the heavier, slower lead rounds. They also just feel like they have some oomph to them, and shoot extremely well out of my daughter's Taurus model 65.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Accurate No. 11-FS might work. I have enough Power Pistol to load maybe 2 boxes. Yours if you want it. I opened in in 08/96. I loaded some last year. Worked Fine. It's been stored indoors, Temp Controlled.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Following.
    Wanna good tried and true load for a 6” .357 Blackhawk that I’m picking up this weekend.
    I've got a couple of different recipes for 158gr cast bullets that shoot really well out of my 6.5 inch Blackhawk using unique and bullseye. The 125gr berry bullets I've been loading recently I haven't done a lot of different load developments for yet, but the power pistol loads I made were awesome. CFE pistol ones sucked. Unfortunately, my old Beretta 92 also loved a particular power pistol load and I'm scraping the bottom of my container now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Accurate No. 11-FS might work. I have enough Power Pistol to load maybe 2 boxes. Yours if you want it. I opened in in 08/96. I loaded some last year. Worked Fine. It's been stored indoors, Temp Controlled.
    I've never used any of the accurate brand powders. Styx river had #5 and #9 today when I swung by after work on my way back to FL. With a 25 year old bottle of powder, I'd probably have to work up another load. While it still burns, the burn rate has likely changed over the years. Makes me a little apprehensive, but I may be worrying over nothing. I just know my daughter will be shooting as well with her Taurus. I know my Blackhawk can handle a helluva lot more pressure than the budget model 65 she adores.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anyone ever used universal for 38/357 loads? I picked up a pound a while back and never even opened it

Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never used any of the accurate brand powders. Styx river had #5 and #9 today when I swung by after work on my way back to FL. With a 25 year old bottle of powder, I'd probably have to work up another load. While it still burns, the burn rate has likely changed over the years. Makes me a little apprehensive, but I may be worrying over nothing. I just know my daughter will be shooting as well with her Taurus. I know my Blackhawk can handle a helluva lot more pressure than the budget model 65 she adores.

I don’t have a ton of experience with #9 but it quickly became my favorite powder for 10mm . I use it for .44 with good results too

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don’t have a ton of experience with #9 but it quickly became my favorite powder for 10mm . I use it for .44 with good results too
    #9 in 44mag is good medicine

Top Bottom