• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flgolfer29

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A day or so ago, I posted a WTB for a set of Taurus grips. Tonight, I got a pm from @Churchanthony677 to send an email to justinherass6@gmail.com. Indicating this guy had the grips I was looking for.

@Churchanthony677 has not responded to my return reply.

I did send an email to justinherass6@gmail.com, the person who he suggested I contact. This person responded, and we sent several emails back and forth. This person could not or would not provide a photo of the grips. He also indicated he isn't a member of this forum.

We discussed a payment to be used, and this individual provided yet another email address (machumqd@gmail.com) to send monies to.

In conclusion, there were too many red flags for me to worry about. I passed on a deal.

If the individuals I've discussed are not scammers, I apologize.

flgolfer29

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've sold hundreds of items on Craigslist, and 75% of the "serious buyers" (and I don't mean people who have questions about the item, I mean people who actually set up a time and place to meet, then stop communicating once you have it loaded in the car) are at least bullshitters or scammers, if that tells you anything. That's why I deal by phone call only.

I am NOT going to meet anyone to whom I haven't spoken with on the phone anyway, so why would I waste time with text messages, e-mails, PMs, etc.? I've found that you can accomplish as much... more, actually... with a two-minute phone call as you can in several days of texting back-and-forth. And here's a perfect example of a deal I'm assuming was conducted by messaging alone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/father-shot-to-death-in-front-of-daughter-during-gun-sale-gone-wrong/ar-AA100ibN

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I've sold hundreds of items on Craigslist, and 75% of the "serious buyers" (and I don't mean people who have questions about the item, I mean people who actually set up a time and place to meet, then stop communicating once you have it loaded in the car) are at least bullshitters or scammers, if that tells you anything. That's why I deal by phone call only.

I am NOT going to meet anyone to whom I haven't spoken with on the phone anyway, so why would I waste time with text messages, e-mails, PMs, etc.? I've found that you can accomplish as much... more, actually... with a two-minute phone call as you can in several days of texting back-and-forth. And here's a perfect example of a deal I'm assuming was conducted by messaging alone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/father-shot-to-death-in-front-of-daughter-during-gun-sale-gone-wrong/ar-AA100ibN
    ^^I agree completely!^^ The reason most won't talk on the phone is that English is NOT their native language. I have had training in identifying deception (lying) based on the syntax of their text/ writing. Many of these scammers are very easy to identify by the phrases they use.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes, if you post a WTB ad, you will get scammers contacting you. It happens every time unfortunately

^— This.

That was a classic scam, and user “Churchanthony677” (and his IP address) should be on the Sh!+list accordingly.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yea, didn't know that, I just got ripped off by @Loxz34

Did you post a review of “Loxz34” and the interaction? Or let a moderator know?

EDIT to add: I see you just posted a thread a few minutes ago. You are obviously angry. I would suggest putting more details and facts before you make statements like the ones currently on that thread.

You could be 100% correct, but none of the rest of us have any idea based on what you wrote currently.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just posted a review. I have text, email and pm messages on here.

If you made a public review, it should be to warn others and let them learn from your experience. In that frame of mind, post facts and info. Offer/ask for a moderator to review from their side. They can see detailed user info that might help them piece together what should be done, if anything.

SaltyGator

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you made a public review, it should be to warn others and let them learn from your experience. In that frame of mind, post facts and info. Offer/ask for a moderator to review from their side. They can see detailed user info that might help them piece together what should be done, if anything.
    How do I get a moderator to review?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How do I get a moderator to review?

1) You can start a conversation directly with one of them. (What we sometimes refer to as a “PM” because that’s what it used to be called).
    2) You can use the “Report” button on one of the posts in the thread. “Reports” go to some kind of “moderator inbox”. I’m not sure if they all see it, or just certain mods assigned to that sub forum, but a moderator will see it. I think you can even “report” your own post, after it’s posted.
    3) type the @ symbol and their screen name. It will send them a notification to read that post.

flgolfer29

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Update to clarify, I posted the WTB ad on several forums. The actual forum that the scammer @Churchanthony677 initiated from was TaurusArmed.net.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Churchanthony677 doesn't have an account on here. Full scammer

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    note to self...don't send your gmail address to anyone on GCGF...they might think I was a scammer

It’s like anything else, there are exceptions but anytime I see a ridiculous bargain on FB, they want you to email them at a gmail account.

Top Bottom