• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkitzel250

Expert
    In the article they say anyone can print a gun and commit terroristic attacks or whatever. But really, its a COMPLETELY plastic gun right? Wouldn't the first round break the thing into pieces? They make it sound like they are printing a gun as reliable as an AK. I doubt it would even stand the pressure of one round. Are they putting metal internals in these guns?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    watch the video, it did not break up, it fired and will kill. But hardly an AR or AK or Glock for that matter.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator The original. Was effective.....dropped in mass....for the purposes of taking an enemy officer by surprise....and taking his weapon.
    The new plastic liberator seem like it has no barrel.....I'd consider it a zip gun. 9mm? Anything other than a point blank shot would not be lethal. A knife would probably do a lot more damage.
    The people worring about this don't know $hit. They should be more worried about ceramic bladed knives.
    Besides....what does one of these printers cost!? ...plus aren't they slow as Christmas. Pretty sure I could do a better job with a harbor freight milling machine.

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    liberator-zip-gun-2.jpg
    Pics of the internal parts.
    Printer is $8000!
    Toy of the wealthy not plausible alternative for criminals ....how many other...more dangerous things could you buy with $8000!?
    - uses part of a nail for the firing pin...so not completely plastic -
    Take a look at the News photo.....trigger has already been snapped off!! and thats the one they let them take photos of. I wouldnt pull the trigger on that piece of cr@p.
    liberator-forbes.jpg

Attachments

• liberator-zip-gun-2.jpg
      liberator-zip-gun-2.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 93
    • liberator-forbes.jpg
      liberator-forbes.jpg
      11.1 KB · Views: 93
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom