• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Temptation.......
    So I went to the store where all the firearms had been before, but the firearms had all gone!
    Now Shooters had may temptations that go pew-pew-pew but the Bolt Action Ruger was a thing they couldn't do.
    So I'll need to Special Order the 6829 from the store that usually sells me Glocks, with no guarantee on the delivery date. Sounds like it may be a good thing that I've got the Ruger Guide Gun, with the current state of things it may have to pull duty this hunting season. It wasn't like this when Trump was in office.............

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Temptation.......
    So I went to the store where all the firearms had been before, but the firearms had all gone!
    Now Shooters had may temptations that go pew-pew-pew but the Bolt Action Ruger was a thing they couldn't do.
    So I'll need to Special Order the 6829 from the store that usually sells me Glocks, with no guarantee on the delivery date. Sounds like it may be a good thing that I've got the Ruger Guide Gun, with the current state of things it may have to pull duty this hunting season. It wasn't like this when Trump was in office.............
    Get it in stainless steel. If it's too shiny for you then you can always cerakote, duracoat or even rattle-can it, but at least the internals and bore will be preserved if you ever have to go swimming in saltwater with it. Friend of mine up north had road salt on his truck seats and didn't know it and he pitted up his Ruger Scout like almost overnight. The finish left a lot to be desired as far as corrosion resistance. It's definitely not whatever Glock uses

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Temptation.......
    RebelRider1969 knows of a store with one in stock. Maybe you could have it shipped

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get it in stainless steel. If it's too shiny for you then you can always cerakote, duracoat or even rattle-can it, but at least the internals and bore will be preserved if you ever have to go swimming in saltwater with it. Friend of mine up north had road salt on his truck seats and didn't know it and he pitted up his Ruger Scout like almost overnight. The finish left a lot to be desired as far as corrosion resistance. It's definitely not whatever Glock uses

MODEL NUMBER: 6829 CALIBER: 308 WIN
    StockBlack Synthetic
    Model OptionRight-Handed
    Front SightProtected Blade
    Rear SightAdjustable
    Capacity10
    Thread Pattern5/8"-24

Barrel Length16.10"
    Overall Length37" - 38.50"
    MaterialStainless Steel
    FinishMatte Stainless
    Barrel FeatureMuzzle Brake

Length Of Pull12.75" - 14.25"
    Twist1:10" RH
    Weight6.2 lb.
    Grooves6
    UPC7-36676-06829-6

Couldn't agree with you more Raven. The Model 6829 is Stainless. It makes me feel good when I purchase from Local Gun stores, perhaps it keeps more than just one GS in the neighborhood. Hope I still got more time than money? LOL.

PS: I may regret not getting one shipped? Time shall tell. Now to order up an Eagle industry butt stock pack.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

MODEL NUMBER: 6829 CALIBER: 308 WIN
    StockBlack Synthetic
    Model OptionRight-Handed
    Front SightProtected Blade
    Rear SightAdjustable
    Capacity10
    Thread Pattern5/8"-24

Barrel Length16.10"
    Overall Length37" - 38.50"
    MaterialStainless Steel
    FinishMatte Stainless
    Barrel FeatureMuzzle Brake

Length Of Pull12.75" - 14.25"
    Twist1:10" RH
    Weight6.2 lb.
    Grooves6
    UPC7-36676-06829-6

Couldn't agree with you more Raven. The Model 6829 is Stainless. It makes me feel good when I purchase from Local Gun stores, perhaps it keeps more than just one GS in the neighborhood. Hope I still got more time than money? LOL.

PS: I may regret not getting one shipped? Time shall tell. Now to order up an Eagle industry butt stock pack.
    I had a similar butt stock accessory made by Bianchi, with a zippered pouch and bullet loops, padded with velcro and QD buckles, but in 1991 chocolate chip desert camo. It was my son's favorite camo. Tried forever to sell it here on the forum. It got down to $10 and then I traded it away. Pretty sure it went to Trader Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-231112_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210724-231112_Chrome.jpg
      341.4 KB · Views: 79
    • Screenshot_20210724-231104_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210724-231104_Chrome.jpg
      636.4 KB · Views: 67
    • Screenshot_20210724-231133_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210724-231133_Chrome.jpg
      631.8 KB · Views: 68
    • Screenshot_20210724-231156_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210724-231156_Chrome.jpg
      695.1 KB · Views: 72

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes I do.... closed @1400 Today open again 0900 monday.
    NIB Model 6829?
    I would appreciate the website, or address if near SE Georgia NE FL.
    Thank You Rebel Rider1969.

Raven: Multicam Eagle Industries Butt Stock Pouch & Comb Riser.

Attachments

• 700 5R.jpg
      700 5R.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 77

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So is it customary to rehash the points of contention that lead to the purchase decision? Or is it really of no use to others viewing/inputting?

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FOR ME - -> THE 7.72lb thing is a turnoff. Especially if weight is void of full mag,and nothing above the pic rail.
    TRIGGER - -> ?? I do not "know" this trigger system but do know this - -> such a weapon will be fired supported by a tree limb,rock,backpack,or "worse" OFFHAND. Most shooters are not well trained in "offhand" shooting ( including me). Offhand is all about trigger control and the weapons lock time.
    For me,for this,I want a trigger with the MAXIMUM release weight to be 3lbs. 2lbs8ozs would be mo-bedda.
    I am however very familiar with the Ruger American trigger system and what can be made of it in 20-30 minutes,using no extra parts,just some mechanical knowledge. My 300BLK 's trigger is "a bit" <3lbs.
    A "scout" trigger (for me) must have ZERO creep and extremely minimal overtravel.my Ruger American fits these parameters perfectly.
    FOR ME - - -> A scout rifle would not wear a scout scope (9-13" eye relief). It would not even have that useless fwd mounted pic rail ( cheese grater). My idea is to have a short pic rail mounted over the receiver,with a small,light,heavy duplex scope of 2.5X mounted on it. Something with long'ish eye relief of 3-5 inches depending on how you mount (shoulder)your gun. This is why I like the shorter LOP guns. My Ruger is 12.5inches.
    Leupold makes the perfect application. (2.5X lightweight) Had one for years. Used it on a 458Lott,and 416Rigby over the years. Stood up to everything recoil and the alder marshes could dish out.
    Just my thoughts. --- SAWMAN

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    FOR ME - -> THE 7.72lb thing is a turnoff. Especially if weight is void of full mag,and nothing above the pic rail.
    TRIGGER - -> ?? I do not "know" this trigger system but do know this - -> such a weapon will be fired supported by a tree limb,rock,backpack,or "worse" OFFHAND. Most shooters are not well trained in "offhand" shooting ( including me). Offhand is all about trigger control and the weapons lock time.
    For me,for this,I want a trigger with the MAXIMUM release weight to be 3lbs. 2lbs8ozs would be mo-bedda.
    I am however very familiar with the Ruger American trigger system and what can be made of it in 20-30 minutes,using no extra parts,just some mechanical knowledge. My 300BLK 's trigger is "a bit" <3lbs.
    A "scout" trigger (for me) must have ZERO creep and extremely minimal overtravel.my Ruger American fits these parameters perfectly.
    FOR ME - - -> A scout rifle would not wear a scout scope (9-13" eye relief). It would not even have that useless fwd mounted pic rail ( cheese grater). My idea is to have a short pic rail mounted over the receiver,with a small,light,heavy duplex scope of 2.5X mounted on it. Something with long'ish eye relief of 3-5 inches depending on how you mount (shoulder)your gun. This is why I like the shorter LOP guns. My Ruger is 12.5inches.
    Leupold makes the perfect application. (2.5X lightweight) Had one for years. Used it on a 458Lott,and 416Rigby over the years. Stood up to everything recoil and the alder marshes could dish out.
    Ruger just has a lighter stock made of playing cards. Im pretty sure $600 less price would cover a lighter stock, optic or whatever trigger you desire. I carry alot of weight on my shoulders already..whats another pound? :)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The Ruger stock bedding system is far better than most rifles IMO.
    IMO the "V" blocks used are even better than the pillar bedding system.
    This,IF (BIG IF!!) you know how to install and torque the stock into the action. --- SAWMAN

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Now 7.72 is further from 6.2 than 8.6 is from 7.72. So when it comes to weight the SOCOM 16 is a better choice than the Savage, which neither are 6.2 lbs so I'll take the excess weight in H2O.

I am trained in all the customary shooting positions, including offhand @ 200 yards. But any support shall always improve group accuracy regardless of the distance. Trigger pull is an operator convenience, anything accomplished with less than 4lbs should be accomplished with 4 LBS! LOP is based on the shooters structure and clothing at the time of the shot. Lock time is not as important as shot follow through. (What's the lock time on fuse fired black powder muzzle loaders?) As to the glass, well time & tide wait for no man, so if you can repeatedly place 10 out of 10 shots on an 8 inch plate offhand @ 300 yards with simple backup iron sights than I'd say there is no need for glass. The rest of US may require a little sighting help @ 300 yards to keep those ten rounds on an 8 inch plate. YMMV. We may even look for a little contact with a stable set like Mother Earth to ensure we can perform said tasks. But I'd love to view (or witness) .22 cents 200 yard offhand targets unsupported with the Savage products prior to raising a fuss. LOL.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1

A little extra weight can be a good thing. A light weight twitchy rifle isnt always the most accurate. Other suggested rifles such as M1As are like 9 lbs empty. The rest of the debate is all personal preference about stock bedding, triggers etc. i dont want to have a Ford vs Chevy debate lol

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

A little extra weight can be a good thing. A light weight twitchy rifle isnt always the most accurate. Other suggested rifles such as M1As are like 9 lbs empty. The rest of the debate is all personal preference about stock bedding, triggers etc. i dont want to have a Ford vs Chevy debate lol

Karamojo Joe, (WMD Bell) usually carried a rifle 73 miles for each shot. A little extra weight on the bench is irrelevant, a little extra weight afield is inexcusable. Even at my advanced age I can still pass every Military Standard requirement for physical fitness, yet ounces become pounds and pounds become pain afield. Pre-planed failures are just that. If your carrying your Ford or Chevy on your back afield perhaps this is such a debate? Otherwise most everyone else is going to choose a lighter firearm with exactly the same capabilities. JMHO.
    What say Y'all!

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Karamojo Joe, (WMD Bell) usually carried a rifle 73 miles for each shot. A little extra weight on the bench is irrelevant, a little extra weight afield is inexcusable. Even at my advanced age I can still pass every Military Standard requirement for physical fitness, yet ounces become pounds and pounds become pain afield. Pre-planed failures are just that. If your carrying your Ford or Chevy on your back afield perhaps this is such a debate? Otherwise most everyone else is going to choose a lighter firearm with exactly the same capabilities. JMHO.
    What say Y'all!
    If he carried a .275 Rigby for 73 miles hes a stud. Little over 7 lbs.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "The most elephants he shot in one day was 19. The most bull elephants killed for their ivory in one month was 44. The largest amount of money made from ivory taken in a single day was 863 pounds sterling. He wore out 24 pairs of boots in a year and estimated that for every bull taken, he had walked an average of 73 miles (117 km)."[15]

Soldiers & Mules 30 miles a day, horses 50, didn't have ATV's back then.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom