• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wanted to make a list of places who will not sell "pistol ammo" to people under 21 for their pistol caliber carbines.

-All Wal-Marts
    -Buck and Bass
    -Academy
    -Jays is hit or miss

If anyone else has had issues anywhere else PM me and I'll add to this post. I'm sure there are other places but these are the places I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there is someone else (between the ages of 18-20 and 364days) on the internet who can relate to how frustrating it can be to drive across town to someone who will sell you the 9mm carbine but will refuse to sell you ammo.

***This list is to inform responsible young adults of the local businesses, who will refuse a transaction on any ammunition that may possibly be used in a handgun***
    ***I had already posted this on PFF it's in the hunting section***
    ***The intent of this thread is NOT political***
    ***It is legal for persons under 21 to buy any ammo from an FFL as long as it is for a long gun***

Last edited:

mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not the truth I can legaly buy ammo and any gun you can have. I've read the law if you can prove me otherwise feel free to do so. The reason people my age cannot purchase ammunition from these dealers is because they have instated company policy, NOT the law.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not the truth I can legaly buy ammo and any gun you can have. I've read the law if you can prove me otherwise feel free to do so. The reason people my age cannot purchase ammunition from these dealers is because they have instated company policy, NOT the law.

What kind of Carbine do you have? Typically at walmart they ask you if it is for a rifle or pistol, at least when buying .22LR.

mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    (a) Offense.--Section 922 of title 18, United States Code,
    as amended by section 110103(a), is amended by adding at the
    end the following new subsection:
    ``(x)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to sell,
    deliver, or otherwise transfer to a person who the transferor
    knows or has reasonable cause to believe is a juvenile--
    ``(A) a handgun; or
    ``(B) ammunition that is suitable for use only in a
    handgun.
    ``(2) It shall be unlawful for any person who is a juvenile
    to knowingly possess--
    ``(A) a handgun; or
    ``(B) ammunition that is suitable for use only in a
    handgun.
    ``(5) For purposes of this subsection, the term `juvenile'
    means a person who is less than 18 years of age.

Last edited:

mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kind of Carbine do you have? Typically at walmart they ask you if it is for a rifle or pistol, at least when buying .22LR.
    I intend on buying a keltec for my wife to shoot(My carbine is an AR).... but seeing as ammo is nearly impossible to find, and when I do find it I have to get a third party involved maybe not. At walmart they only ask for .22 they get a different prompt when trying to buy 9x19. What pistol caliber carbine do you like? I have mostly considered the keltecs and the highpoints.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I intend on buying a keltec for my wife to shoot(My carbine is an AR).... but seeing as ammo is nearly impossible to find, and when I do find it I have to get a third party involved maybe not. At walmart they only ask for .22 they get a different prompt when trying to buy 9x19. What pistol caliber carbine do you like? I have mostly considered the keltecs and the highpoints.

I don't have any pistol caliber carbines, I was just curious. If you are 18 years of age and legally able to own a gun, I have some 9MM that I would sell you @50 cents per round, I know the price is high, but that 9MM is getting hard to replace right now.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is not illegal for a person over 18 to own, shoot, or have a handgun in their home or car. This is the same situation for a person over 21 that does not have their CCWL. So should we limit ammo sales to only those with a CCWL?????? There is a lot of sarcasm in my question if you can't tell. It is legal for anyone over the age of 18 in FL to own, shoot, and have in their possesion a handgun while obeying all FL laws just like someone who does not have their CCWL. So why should they be limited in what ammo they can buy?????

mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the offer but I ended up getting a third party involved. I really created this thread so others in my situation know who will not sell directly to them.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the offer but I ended up getting a third party involved. I really created this thread so others in my situation know who will not sell directly to them.

No problem, just trying to lend a hand and make a buck :D.

mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is not illegal for a person over 18 to own, shoot, or have a handgun in their home or car. This is the same situation for a person over 21 that does not have their CCWL. So should we limit ammo sales to only those with a CCWL?????? There is a lot of sarcasm in my question if you can't tell. It is legal for anyone over the age of 18 in FL to own, shoot, and have in their possesion a handgun while obeying all FL laws just like someone who does not have their CCWL. So why should they be limited in what ammo they can buy?????

Exactly, or if the tables were turned and lets say no one over 65 can buy ammo.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jays didn't let me buy handgun ammo when I was 20. I'm 21 though so if its legal I would help someone out buying ammo for them

mike6043

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jays didn't let me buy handgun ammo when I was 20. I'm 21 though so if its legal I would help someone out buying ammo for them

I'll add them to the list. I know I'd be willing to do the same after Sunday when I turn 21.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last time I bought .22 at Wallys they insisted I tell them what I was going to shoot it out of even though I'm in my 30's. I guess my answer of "whatever I want" was incorrect;)

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    id tell them im was gonna shoot it outta my ass. I have no problems showing someone my DL for ammo. I have MAJOR problems telling them what it is going to used for. WTF difference does it make???? I'd ask them what there gonna use their brain for next!

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hated it when I was in the 18-21 gap. Its so insidious that you can't buy handguns retail, but you can via private sale. However you can't get ammo for it via retail. I had to go through extraordinary means to get ammo through loading my own or buying online.

There's no reason why a person 18 shouldn't be allowed to purchase a handgun, ammo or NFA item from a dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom