• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    With adjustable gas. Would like to get one. Don't want to spend 1,700. Options?? Just buy the upper? Tkx. Also seems like these were the hot, cool, new thing, then they dropped out of sight? BTW never had an issue with the gi design. Just very dirty.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Don't really know of any cheap piston AR offerings - I know Tackleberry was selling his Sig 516 on the forum not too long ago, might still be available.

PWS MK111 or MK116 uppers are sub-$1k. No experience with them though.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Adams arms piston kit is most cost effective
    Don't forget about that chinesium wolf t91 upper. Atlantic firearms has them every now and then. I have one I've yet to shoot. Supposed to be the one the actual military uses.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RR, those Adcor rifles are so accurate that you’ll need pictures and witnesses before you tell folks how small of group you can shoot with them. Half inch groups at a hundred yards are the average I’ve seen them shoot. Like I said you’ll need witnesses because nobody will believe you.

edit ,I forgot to mention the forward charge handle its ambidextrous and folds down so small that it blends in with the rail , almost unnoticeable unless your looking for it.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The adams kits/uppers are a cheaper option. I ended up with 3 that have been decent suppressor hosts with the adjustable plug that works well between can and no-can. The newer versions are lighter and more compact. Not sure I'd do it for a un suppressed setup. I had a 762x39 upper that was a bitch as a DI gun but a great shooter with suppressor and the extra mass of the piston setup.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just wondering if you were gonna go suppressor??
    For my application,I have no need for the piston AR. DI is good with me because I clean after every shooting session. Even after one shot,while night hunting. I MAKE THE TIME TO MAINTAIN MY EQUIPMENT.
    That's just me. And with the help from my NiB BCG'S and JP SCRS's it's all smooth,quiet,and a "fluid " movement. --- SAWMAN
    Just wish most of my guns had adjustable gas.

Last edited:
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    my PWS is nice. gen 1s are under 1k last I saw. gen 2s are 1200 give or take for just the uppers, but very nice platform

Top Bottom