Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Pistols without a Safety

SAWMAN

Master
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
BUT - - -> whatcha gonna do in a standing lockup (neck hold,arm bar,ground grapple,injury,etc,etc)when you find the need to draw and fire one handed. Whatever protection you have in fighting skills,a hold on the attackers,gun,knife,tire iron,or if he is chewing on your ear - - -> you do not want to relinquish that advantage by haveing your primary NOT READY TO FIRE with a simple yank on the trigger. ( As with a Glock,revo,etc)
The very best you can do for yourself is practice with a buddy using a BLUE GUN,and or soft plastic double edged knife with both edges clalked up,wearing dark clothing.
We practiced in this manner. Cuts out all the " I cut you,no you didn't" BS.---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
Reaction score
BUT - - -> whatcha gonna do in a standing lockup (neck hold,arm bar,ground grapple,injury,etc,etc)when you find the need to draw and fire one handed. Whatever protection you have in fighting skills,a hold on the attackers,gun,knife,tire iron,or if he is chewing on your ear - - -> you do not want to relinquish that advantage by haveing your primary NOT READY TO FIRE with a simple yank on the trigger. ( As with a Glock,revo,etc)
The very best you can do for yourself is practice with a buddy using a BLUE GUN,and or soft plastic double edged knife with both edges clalked up,wearing dark clothing.
We practiced in this manner. Cuts out all the " I cut you,no you didn't" BS.---- SAWMAN
I agree with you, and have said so in the past here. Absolutely an advantage to be loaded and ready to go. I'm not worried about it, he is

SAWMAN

Master
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, when the time comes for shootin,GET TA SHOOTIN'.
That is not the time to try to minupulat the controls on that fancy _____ you just had to buy.
Sigs and Berettas are someting you show your friends. Glocks are something you show your enemies. --- SAWMAN

indy1919a4

Expert
Reaction score
You guys may look at a JA-LO-AR.. 9mm largo/380 Spanish pistol, no safety.. Designed to be carried by a man about town, in his pocket, safely without a round in the chamber. Then with one hand you can cock and load it..

1626883080510.png

Snake-Eyes

Master
Reaction score
You guys may look at a JA-LO-AR.. 9mm largo/380 Spanish pistol, no safety.. Designed to be carried by a man about town, in his pocket, safely without a round in the chamber. Then with one hand you can cock and load it..

View attachment 125252

Slight typo. It's "JO.LO.AR."
Makes finding reviews and vids much easier.

Here's one to show how it works:

Seems faster to slingshot the slide, but if you only have one hand...

indy1919a4

Expert
Reaction score
All depends when you 1st saw it... The greatest 9mm Largo sight of all time

9mmlargo.com

Later reborn as

9mm-largo.com

Always called it JA-LO-AR.. And by God this rascal knew 9mm Largo and Spanish arms.. I will bow to his spelling just out of respect for the classics.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
Reaction score
Food for thought.....

many modern 1911 makers on the lower/budget end advertise a 6 or 7 pound trigger.
I’ve shot a couple factory hi power triggers, both Belgium and Portuguese made(and one unaltered Argentine copy) and id day the triggers are around 5-6 lbs for all.
the p320 and p365 both claim 5-7lbs pull, around about on par.

so what is the actual difference in walking around with a hi power cocked and unlocked in a holster, vs a p320 single action with no manual safety?

how many of us feel fine keeping our bugger switch of the bang hammer with a p365, would also feel just fine pinning the grip safety and not engaging the thumb safety on a series 80 1911 then carrying it all day?
Keep in mind, 1911’s have a additional half cock notch as well, where as the early p320’s would pull their own trigger through inertia when dropped.

indy1919a4

Expert
Reaction score
Slight typo. It's "JO.LO.AR."
Makes finding reviews and vids much easier.

Here's one to show how it works:

Seems faster to slingshot the slide, but if you only have one hand...

Finally saw this guys video. Thanks, Real nice.. Bummer on the pistol grip.. :( That broke my wittle heart.

This highlights a great debate on this pistol.. Several youtube shooters of the gun will point to the tip up barrel and show it as a way to remove unspent rounds from the barrel... I love it, it works and may be true.. But you can remove rounds from the pistol just holding the barrel up with the slide back (assuming the extractor does not catch it).

My suspicions is that the real reason for the tip up barrel is to load the 4mm sub caliber shooting barrel. Now that's a tough find. I have never seen one other than in photos.

Look on page 42 of this pdf to see one in use.. A darn cool little item..

But who really knows, the companies records were long ago destroyed in the SCW. Thanks again for the Youtube.. (except for the grip breaking, could have lived without seeing that)

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom